National Pet Register merging with Central Animal Records

I received this in an email from The National Pet Register. 

My only concern is reconciling the pets on NPR with CAR to be on one account. Thankfully only one living pet is being moved over from NPR, the rest are CAR. 

Here's my email:

The Lost Dogs’ Home launched National Pet Register in 1989 with the belief that providing pets across Australia with identification in the form of a microchip and ID tag would give them the best chance of being reunited with their beloved owners. This, together with lobbying for mandatory microchipping proved to be successful in increasing the rate of these reunions and in turn assisted in changing the way Australians viewed their pets, not just as animals but as a part of their family.

After 28 years of service, the market has evolved and the Home has made the decision to transfer the Registry and its operation to Central Animal Records (CAR) in order to focus more on core animal welfare issues. Central Animal Records is the largest and one of the most experienced companion animal registries in Australia. They share common values and their high level of commitment to animal welfare assures us that your pet’s details will be in the best hands possible. To find out more about CAR you can visit their website http://www.car.com.au/

National Pet Register and CAR are working closely together to ensure a seamless transition which is expected to be finalised by 21 April 2017. This means the transfer will occur automatically and requires no action from you as the pet owner.

If you have any concerns regarding the transfer, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 734 738 seven days a week from 8am till 10pm.

From everyone at the National Pet Register team, we would like to thank you for your support over the years and we wish you and your furry friends all the best in the future.

Kind Regards,

National Pet Register

Edit. 

Found an article 
https://dogshome.com/npr-tags-chip-database-transfer-car/

4 hours ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

Thanks for the info. I actually don't really know which registry our dogs are on, so next time at the vets I might check Scrappi's. (He was from WA and we are in NSW so might be on a different register.) 

This website will tell you what registers your pet is on (excluding NSW's dumbass closed register):

http://www.petaddress.com.au/

Just type the chip in! I think if WA he'd be one of the usual registers, but cause you're in NSW he'd have to be on NSW's dumb register too?

(I say dumb because it took over a year to get Thistle's NSW chip updated to my Victorian address. Kind help from a user here on navigating that overly complicated field so now we can travel north victoria/NSW worry free!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

Thanks for the info. I actually don't really know which registry our dogs are on, so next time at the vets I might check Scrappi's. (He was from WA and we are in NSW so might be on a different register.) 

You shouldn't need to wait for a vet visit to find out which register he is on. His microchip number should be somewhere on his paperwork (vacc card maybe?) and all you need to do is type that number in to the www.petaddress.com.au/  website and it will respond with the registry name (UNLESS it is the NSW registry). :)

Edited to add: I type too slowly: Thistle beat me to it!

Edited by RuralPug
add response
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RuralPug said:

You shouldn't need to wait for a vet visit to find out which register he is on. His microchip number should be somewhere on his paperwork (vacc card maybe?) and all you need to do is type that number in to the www.petaddress.com.au/  website and it will respond with the registry name (UNLESS it is the NSW registry). :)

Edited to add: I type too slowly: Thistle beat me to it!

Thistle and Rural Pug; haha. Thank you :) 

I wasn't in charge of the paper work when my family adopted him so I don't really know where it's gone in our house. They don't give us vacc. cards at our vet, it's only on the computer... 

Edited by Scrappi&Monty