Rules regarding handling dogs

Bellababe

I recently attended a show where I helped a fellow exhibitor handle in the challenge line up because they had 2 dogs in for challenge. I have just seen this same exhibitor is judging in a couple of months and I would like to enter. Can someone tell me if this is ok under NSW rules and regulations? I've tried to look on Dogs NSW website, but can't find any info on it. If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

thank you 

This is a bit of a gray area. As I understand it helping out just in a challenge line up is ok but if you had shown the dog in the class it would be a no. I would question myself why I would want to enter under this judge and just how much of a relationship you have with them. Then I would decide. Might be best to ring DogsNSW and ask them.

I think you are ok under the regulations Part II, 12.18 (vii) which gives an exemption for helping someone with 2 exhibits in a line up but you would need to read it yourself and ring the office if unsure. Of course if your relationship with the judge goes further than that one handling episode you need to think about the bigger picture.