Hermangiosarcoma? Need advice

Kazm

Thanks everyone.It has been such a hard day. Everywhere I look I can see her and even as I move about the house I have had to stop as I have found myself calling out to her and Molly as I normally would. It is a crappy time mackiemad. My girls and my other pets mean so much to me and I know I love them all too deeply but they give back what you give them.  I have just spent the day reliving the last 8 weeks and I just honestly hope that there was nothing else I could have done for my Zena. She truly was a special schnauzer. Those that were a part of her life know what I mean. I could go on forever about her. This little one was so intelligent I used to have to spell certain words just so she wouldn't get excited over whatever it was I was saying. She loved santa and would look to the sky when he was mentioned. She loved birthdays and Christmas and would unwrap all her gifts by herself. People must think I'm mad but she truly would. She could read me like a book and always knew what I was up too. How can I get over losing an animal like that. She was super amazing and yes I have so many memories and hopefully none will be forgotten. 

All my people who have bought puppies Zena produced have been very supportive but then we did become such good friends with all of them. Amazing people. 

Poor little Molly does seem to be missing her. She is quiet and occasionally it seems like she's looking for her. Won't sit in Zena's lounge spot. She just sits in her place right next to where Zena spent a lot of the last few weeks. But we are giving her lots of love, hugs and attention. Hopefully in time we will all be ok. 

• Like 3

What a wonderful set of memories your beautiful girl has given you, Zena's mum.  And the fact that she had more than double the expected time is a tribute to your great love and care for her.   And how special was her way of telling you it was her time.   Bless her.      Take good care of her Molly, and yourselves, and thank you again for your generosity in sharing her story and her passing.  Hugs to you all. :heart:

• Like 2

Just want to tell you all of an interesting moment I had this morning with my Molly. We are still struggling, she seems quiet but this morning Molly did something to prove to me we will be ok.

First thing Molly came downstairs and she did seem very quiet and as I watched her she wandered over to one of our lounges where Zena spent a lot of time and she walked the full length of it looking up and to me it looked like she was checking to see if Zena was there. This upset me and I will admit that after my husband left for work Molly and I sat on the ground and I had a good cry with her and spent some time just talking to her. For once she sat and really listened to me and looked me straight in the eye. From there we went back downstairs and she wandered over to a dog toy box I have in a corner of the room. This she only ever uses when there is another dog staying with us. I stood quietly just watching her and she rummaged around until she found a toy. One of Zena's and in the middle of it is a squeaker that actually makes a laughing noise. This is not a toy she would usually choose. She grabbed it, made it laugh and came running over to me and dropped it. Maybe it was my imagination but it seemed to me that she was trying to say it's ok to laugh and play and we'll get through this. I gave her a big hug and then gave her a good game of fetch. And yes she did make me laugh and from that moment she seemed like her old normal self. I really think you have to give animals more credit than the average person would. I honestly think I have been totally blessed to have had Zena in my life and now her daughter has well and truly stepped up. I really love my girls.

• Like 5

How beautiful!   I'm sure you're right, Zena's mum, and it must bring you relief to know that Molly is going to be OK .. and you are too, as she gets you to join in her games.  Thanks for sharing those precious moments with us.  :heart:

• Like 2

Thankyou T and S. Glad to hear somebody else's fur friend lasted longer than expected. All doggie cancers are terrible and it's awful to watch them go through it. Brave little souls. 

Molly is being great. So glad we have her. Would be lost otherwise.