Best Poodle Brush

Hi all,  I need a good brush with long deep pins ?

I have a brush from Woolies , and a Slicker brush i don't like because it is very hard to use softly , so need a good Poodle brush so i can

fluff up the hair after a bath.

I now have a great long tooth metal comb -anti-static & teflon coated

Need some grooming Ideas :confused:

The type of brush you need for that is a Mason Pearson - pure boar bristle. They are expensive but last forever. You don't really need long bristles - the MP can do both brushing from the skin out and fluffing, depending on the way you use it.

Force drying is the best way to fluff coat after a bath though. After the coat is thoroughly dry, a very small slicker brush can also fluff nicely.

I bought one like this off ebay for my Persian cats and dogs.  The one I have has a variable speed so I can start off low and then gradually turn it up, depending on how the cat/dog tolerates it.  I'm very happy with it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2800W-Low-Noise-Pet-Hair-Dryer-Dog-Cat-Grooming-Blaster-Heater-Adjustable-Blower/282089042100?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D42400%26meid%3De2aaaa58be6a4ec7b81127008174d16c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D172011485216

• Like 1

I ended up buying  2 lovely  35mm  long pin brushes from  Chris Christensen.

I have used them for 2 days & once after a bath as well , they work so well on her & fluff up the coat nicely , very happy with these brushes.:)

I will be looking at buying a good dryer soon, and checking out those on ebay.

I tried going to a groomer to learn about how to use a Slicker brush BUT she  whisked me out of the room & said I could not stay!:mad I wont go back there as they  are not helpful, i did ask & they were not busy on that day.

Glad you found a brush that works for you just make sure you run a comb through the coat so you don't miss any knots. 

Typical groomer probably doing things behind the scenes they don't want you to know about, shame your not in Melbourne I would have been happy to show how to use the slicker and any other grooming techniques you wanted to know.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 4:39 PM, Rascalmyshadow said:

I would have been happy to show how to use the slicker and any other grooming techniques you wanted to know.

PANDI  has been trying  to bite the brush or comb lately , she is 7 months old now.

I have to brush her when she has a bowl of food to distract her.

• Like 1

My Molly hates being brushed but I tell her it's all part of being born a schnauzer. Lol 

She puts up a good argument but never wins. Maybe I should put a bowl of food in front of her as a distraction. Maybe that would work. She loves food. 

• Like 1

my westie is a bit the same. If the comb comes out he runs off. But if you are holding him and get the comb he is fine. Grooming I would describe him as stoic for the clippers and nails part. Once we get to the coat stripping with the mars coat king he is a happy boy. Even happier when it's finished and he gets a piggy ear and has ages to eat it while the cocker gets done.

• Like 1