9 week old puppy not eating or drinking HELP

Bentleysmum

Please at least phone an after hrs vet. They will ask you specific questions to help work out if you should rush in immediately or monitor until morning and go in first thing for s check up. 

A puppy of this age doesn't need to be sick very long to crash on you. 

good luck. 

• Like 1

I have a friend who has a nine week old litter, one of them a usually good eater went off of his food, if he ate he would vomit, so off to the vet, they did an ultra sound and found that he had a large stone blocking his intestines, poor little man had to have an operation, amongst the rest of the debri was chewed up newspaper and a mixture of things that puppies are inclined to pick up and eat.

It is a week since the operation and he is now back sparking on all six like nothing had ever gone wrong, this happened two days before he was due to go to his new home, so next week he is off to his forever home.

Best of luck with your baby puppy.

Are you feeding what the breeder suggested ,is pup being given a good time out period from the kids so it can nap,eat and drink,some pups can become so busy they forget some simple things or get so worn out there to tired to do things 

Agree with a number of comments, vet visit being one of them. My youngster that I bred was the most distracted pup ever. One sniff or bite of food and she was GONE RUNNING! It's like her legs had their own brain!!! I had to put her in a very quiet space with her meal and leave her be for 5-10 minutes. She now eats like a horse - still runs like a maniac too :laugh: 

my westie pup, now nearly two yo, is a character. Took me ages to work it out, but he only eats if I am eating. He might have a nibble when food is put down, but only ever focuses on food once I eat.

hope you got everything sorted at the vets.