Ernie's gone

Ernie's Mum

Ernie left me on 15 Feb 2017. I cannot believe that he has died. I miss him so much that I am in physical pain.  He is a Westie and we were together every minute for 10.5 years. 

He had spunk but also a gentleness that touched my soul.  His eyes were amazing and his little face used to look into mine with his trusting cheeky grin. 

He loved the beach but would only go up to his knees in the waves. 

He practically spoke.  I used to say "wanna go your bye bye nighs?"  He would then come grab my hand and with a swish of his Westie butt would skid round the corner to the bedroom and put both paws up on the bed ready to be lifted up. 

He kissed me every morning and every night his deep sigh as he settled in gave me a smile. 

He was brave, loveable, charismatic and tons of fun. There was nothing I would not do for him. 

Last 18 months his breathing got too fast sometimes so we were at the Vets a lot. 

They said he had an enlarged heart but also his bronchial tubes were speckled. 

Cortisone was the common dose every now and then when his breathing was too fast. 

He had episodes of that. Rest of the time he was great. 

Then one Saturday I came home and his gums were pale and he wasn't very sparky. 

Back to Vets. More injections and tabs. 

I had been researching constantly over all that time  to try to get the knowledge to question Vets ... and tests and anyway I guess we all do that. 

Leaves me cold how the following Wednesday a healthy happy dog was taken to the Vet for a check up.. all good they said...  and later that day he deteriorated and died in my arms at 7pm. (5 vet visits that day couldn't help him)

Vale Ernie

"your eyes lit up my soul

your waggy tail was my signal

your love made me so whole

that nose that only you had nuzzling my neck

the adventures we had were so big

and at night your sigh meant my day was so complete

You are still and always will be my little boy so........ "

Edited by Ernie's Mum
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Deepest sympathies, Ernie’s Mum.   :cry: :cry:.  Such a difficult, bereft and sad time for you.  Ernie sounded like a real character: one who was loved and loved equally.  These doggies of ours leave such an enormous hole in our hearts when it is their time to go.  

Take care :kissbetter:

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about Ernie. We have a very sick little girl at present and are fast approaching the day to say " see you later " never goodbye. I know that it's going to hurt like hell for a very long time. 

Take care Ernies mum. Thinking of you. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 6:08 PM, harley said:

I'm sorry to hear about your Ernie. :rainbowbridge:

I lost my polly nearly a month ago, and I agree it hurts. 

Harley I'm so sorry to hear Polly has gone and I'm sorry if I missed this - I haven't been around much lately.  I was so honoured to meet such a beautiful old girl who's now with my Mac.  Take care and I hope we can catch up again soon.

9 hours ago, westiemum said:

Harley I'm so sorry to hear Polly has gone and I'm sorry if I missed this - I haven't been around much lately.  I was so honoured to meet such a beautiful old girl who's now with my Mac.  Take care and I hope we can catch up again soon.

Thankyou westiemum

i miss her everyday. 

Catch up would be nice 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 0:44 PM, Zena's mum said:

So sorry to hear about Ernie. We have a very sick little girl at present and are fast approaching the day to say " see you later " never goodbye. I know that it's going to hurt like hell for a very long time. 

Take care Ernies mum. Thinking of you. 

Hope you are okay Zena's Mum 

I'm thinking of you 

Edited by Ernie's Mum
Message needed editing