Frontier Pets- New Freeze Dried Raw Food

I was just on Pet Food Reviews,  and he is very excited about this new freeze dried raw food for dogs.

Australian, made in Victoria, 

Supposed to be better than k9 & Ziwipeak  with only 2% carbs.

I might order a pack , you can only order from  Frontier Pets  web site.

It is quite expensive, but less so than K9 Natural and ZiwiPeak. I've started Bella on it (rotated with Applaws because I can't afford to feed it on its own), and am very happy so far. If money was no object, I would switch over completely, but so far so good with Bella's current arrangement.

• Like 3

I have ordered pork (hmmm our vet suggests that pork is not the best but my guys don't do beef very well) and treats. May thanks for the suggestion.

Pity they don't stock green tripe.

I will provide feedback when the babes had their fill of new food.

• Like 2

I'm trying the pork  just now, with warm water added  it looks good and  PANDI  pup ate  it all up , no coughing at all .

I think we will buy more of  this  raw frontier pets food , instead of Ziwi-peak  which she coughed on a lot when eating the dried squares.

I emailed  Diana  Scott   from  frontier pets  .They launched in  February ,  after 2 years  product  testing  to get it just right

I hope everyone using this food gets good results.

I think it's great to support Australian made & owned :) 

As promised...

Food quality = Awesome.

Ethically sourced pork (important), free-range eggs, organic fruit & veg (apple, carrots, broccoli, spinach, sweet potato), organic flax-seed, almond meal, turmeric, kelp.

Enjoyment = 100%.

HonBun, my resident fuss-pot, considered stealing Pipin's food. This has never happened before. Pipin is glutton extraordinaire so difficult to judge. He had a fantastic grin after dinner so I presume it was special.

Well-being = not known

Every dog is different so my experience is not important. My dogs may do well or do poorly. Your dog may be different.

Price = OK for me

I do not shy away from paying top $ for dog food so the price is not important to me. Your circumstances/preferences may be different.

Customer Service = 5 stars (max allocated)

Personalised, friendly, great. Got a letter + a large, free bag of pig-skin chews. My guys don't do skin chews but it's a good pressie for a friend whose dogs will love it.

Overall verdict = If my doglets do well on their new food, Frontier Pets will be my supplier of choice. 

Happy mum

Edited by Kajtek
fat fingers
  • Like 2

Thanks for the review Kajtek.  On your say so I'm going to trial a pack.  

I'm almost certainly moving down the coast in the next couple of months and the only problem with this plan is my continuing supply of my current fantastic raw mix.  My mother can probably bring a supply down when she comes but its not going to be easy.  So I need a back up - and you might have just solved my problem. :)

• Like 1

I'll also try it  - I'm a bit stressed with Rheneas he is so overweight.  I changed over recently from his previous food to Phuds, which I like everything about, and he enjoys - but not losing weight on it.  The weight happened because as he gets older (about 14-15 years) he gets more like an eat-everything Labrador, and less like a pickie Sheltie/Pom/something cross.  His habit for the past six months is obsessive poo-eating in huge amounts, horse, alpaca, sheep, dog, whatever.  He did this years ago up to around 18 months old, seemed to be a stress issue, and grew out of it, has now reverted.

So having moved to acres so the dogs could roam safely, he now has to be under protective house arrest, how stupid is that!!  If Frontier does the job over a few months, and if he likes it enough to help make up for being contained unless supervised, it will be worthwhile. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kajtek said:

Update on food... The doglets are doing brilliantly on their new food. They are feeling great and the poos are A+. Totally recommend it.

I've noticed A+ poos as well. I'm so chuffed with this food, and will be feeding it whenever I can afford to do so.

The cost looks like around $60 a month for only a 10-12 kg dog going by the website.  But most manufacturer's figures are only a general guide (like red lights, not always taken seriously).  I think it would need to be used for 3-4 months, and through a change of seasons, summer-winter for appetite change, to sort out average cost.