Nervatona Calm tablets or Liquid

Hello,

Does anyone know the amounts of tablets or oral spray to administer to a small dog to help ease the symptoms of separation anxiety? She is about 7 KG's. 

Any help would really be appreciated :) 

Hi KdogQLD, I see you've had no replies so I'll add my 2c, but first of all welcome to the forum! :welcome: 

I have no idea about Nervatona, sorry. It looks like @Sheridan has used it so perhaps she can help. In saying that one does need to be careful with natural supplements just as you would with prescription medication. They are not benign and may be contraindicated in dogs in general or your dog specifically. I would ask your vet before administering it.

Separation Anxiety is best treated with a behaviour modification program and in some cases a referral to a veterinary behaviourist and/or prescription medication is required. Again, your vet would ideally be your first port of call to put together a treatment plan that may or may not include a natural supplement.

You may like to try Adaptil, which is a pheromone that dogs find calming. It has a good evidence base and is recommended by many vets. It is also safe to use regardless of any medical conditions your dog may have or medications they may be taking.

I hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much :)  I didn't realise someone had responded, it's appreciated. Thank you for the welcome also.  I used the Nervatona on the 2 dogs a couple times but wasn't really comfortable with it so stopped. But I've found it quite calming myself so it's now mine. Fortunately, the separation anxiety has settled down pretty well with twice daily walks, toys and a routine as she settles in to her new home. I think I will look into Adaptil also.  Thanks again :) 

• Like 1