Making "the" decision

Scottsmum

2 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

He is gone. I held him in my arms as he drifted into the best sleep he'll ever have. 

Fly free with the angels now sweet Scottie... Woosie and Zeddy will show you the best sunny napping spots, and where the best bunny chasing can be had...

@Scottsmum- you have given Scottie the best 3.5 years and most dignified end... even though it's costing you so much emotionally. Massive hugs to you and yours...

Remember him with smiles for all the funny things he did... not with tears... he'd like that I'm sure...

T.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, Scottsmum.  Have just read this, and I can understand how you are feeling.  I had to make that decision for Stella in December.  In the end, it wasn't the Stel I knew when I looked at her - her little broken body was fighting to stay but her spirit had gone, and it was the only decision to make.  You made that for Scottie and your face was the last he saw and I'm sure he felt the love in your arms.  Hold tight to your memories and be happy that you were brave enough and loving enough to give him peace.

• Like 2

:rainbowbridge: Beautiful boy the loved ones of ours will be there waiting for you and show you just the best of times.

:heart: Scotties Mum, you loved him so much and he knew how lucky he was to have found you to care and love him, he has left some loving memories for you to hold onto. 

Take care of yourself, you have done the right thing for this dear little man.

• Like 1

He will have a good time where he is going Scottsmum; Penny, Mac and Daisy will show him the best places to lie in the sun and the best places to explore, all the old crocks that have passed over get special dispensation to do exactly what they want...that is a fact and is well known.

Hugs to you at this awful time,

B

• Like 5

Dementia is every bit as bad as the more physical deterioration. You have done whats right and he knows and loves you for that.

take care of yourself now, you need it. The sacrifice you made for him hurts you, not him. Hugs

• Like 4

Boronia, my old boy got away with murder in his last years with me. I'd say do something and he'd consider it and more often than not go Nup, not doing that! Of course he was allowed to do as he wanted.

My heart is breaking for you SM. It's so hard to do, but the kindest thing in the end. I lost my boy 2 1/2 years ago and still miss him. Focus on the good times you had together, not his last couple of moments with you.

• Like 1

So saddened to hear of the loss of your little guy. It is the most hardest, unbearable decision to make. I don't believe it makes any difference whether it's a broken body or mind. It still hurts even though deep in our own hearts we know we are doing right by our little fur friends. 

I am still an emotional wreck after saying goodbye to my girl just a week ago. At least my Molly is being a comfort to me. She is taking it quite well. All my close friends have said just take it slowly, treasure the memories and look at photos and remember everything about them. This advice I will now send to you. Take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you.

• Like 3

Have spent the day, making up a snapfish book. Those things are so bloody time consuming but I don't want to auto fill it. It's been really therapeutic. We had so much fun together. It's been  so nice going through the photos. I also went thorough our photo thread and re-read some of our haiku. Here are just a few very select shots - the "best night ever" when the guys from the Earlwood tennis club gave us their old balls, sleeping with squeaky bone, graduating from intermediate to advanced obedience, graduating from scent sports, moosey & a very stylish custom made wool jumper & warty warthog. 

Have done a big clean, heap of food off to one of my dog walking clients, some toys off to someone on the local B/S/S page - I also offered them the others after they've been washed and mended. A big bag for the SPCA (Our RSPCA) as it seems like the most logical place for it to be put to use. Not sure if they have same reputation as RSPCA - but ... meh.

House is horrifyingly quiet and I had forgotten what it was like to do a wee on my own. Keep looking for him to come outside with me to put the washing out / bring it in.

I can't bring myself to head over to the rainbow bridge forum yet and I'm crying typing this - so I might leave it at that. 

sn2.thumb.jpg.fbbeb75a3d89a04b3a1b9e7d86fed01a.jpgSN1.thumb.jpg.8990477c2a45739bd9cb0a566cbca575.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, tdierikx said:

What a beautiful tribute to a sweet little man... I hope going through the photos gave you lots of smiles at all the great memories...

T.

It did. I've switched between smiling and crying all day. We really had fun & did a lot together. Especially before we left Sydney.  Our time in NZ was less action packed  but still fun. 

1 hour ago, Papillon Kisses said:

So much love here SM. What beautiful memories. I particularly love the "best night ever".

God. The first time we walked him past the tennis courts he hust lost his ever loving mind. We were laughing about it tonight when I showed Hub the book mock up. That particular night was awesome too - i think we were given about 10-15 balls all up & they came flying over the court fence one by one. Literally doggy heaven. He'sprobably there right now. 

• Like 4

What a coincidence SM. I too am working on a snapfish photo book as a tribute to my girl. I literally have hundreds of photos of her and all our fun times together. 

Very therapeutic.

You've done a great job. Great pics.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Zena's mum said:

What a coincidence SM. I too am working on a snapfish photo book as a tribute to my girl. I literally have hundreds of photos of her and all our fun times together. 

Very therapeutic.

You've done a great job. Great pics.

It's been great. Glad you're doing it too. Ive had lots of smiles, lots of tears. 

& thank you. 

• Like 3

So Very sorry to hear  your loss

and to others here  also

:rainbowbridge:  Run Free Little ones 

heartbreaking  times for many 

I  loved makeing a video  of  my  dogs  with  many of the pictures taken over the years  and find comfort in  watching them at times , the laughs  the smiles and the  cries , and  the memories of the  good times

it is hard  makeing that  decision

:grouphug:

• Like 3