Making "the" decision

Scottsmum

I too just saw that Scotty is gone. Gosh, what love you had for this little man! I'm so sorry for all the pain you are going through. Your poor heart. But he's free now and not suffering anymore. Big hugs to you SM - it's ok to feel as you are - Scotty was a huge part of your world.

20 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

I find myself dearly missing a sweet little dog I've never met. 

This made me teary when I read it earlier.  Now I've composed myself... I'd say you miss him because you've been such an amazing support to me over the past few months and I have said it before, and I will say it again now publicly. You've been an amazing friend & we're there for me for a lot of the bad times. You were the one who sat with me and chatted while I was held prisoner by anxiety and was being used as a human security blanket. You were also the one who always checked in on me last thing at night when I told you it looked like it was going to be a long one. 

Big loves and thanks to you and your quirky little man for the support and laughs when I needed them. :heart:  And there goes any composure I might have pulled together to write this. LOL. 

Oh and P.S. - @Papillon Kisses - You were the one I spammed with millions of photos because I knew they'd be genuinely received  and always matched with an equally cute or silly photo of Mal. :heart: 

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 3

I have just read this thread. It caught my eye because I am about to go through something similar and am trying to work myself up to making that final decision.  Every word you wrote hit home with me, I understand what you went and are still going through.  How lucky he was to have found you in the twilight of his life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirislin said:

I have just read this thread. It caught my eye because I am about to go through something similar and am trying to work myself up to making that final decision.  Every word you wrote hit home with me, I understand what you went and are still going through.  How lucky he was to have found you in the twilight of his life.

I'm so sorry, @Kirislin that you have reached this stage too.  I hope some of the comments in this thread are of comfort to you.  It truly is the worst time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirislin said:

I'm so sorry you're there K. It really sucks. Doesn't it. Its the hardest and yet kindest choice we can make as a pet owner - I think. 

Im sure your Feather has lead an equally special & full life with you. Big hugs. None of this makes it any easier & the ache in our hearts is huge and never really goes away. 

• Like 2

Oh and @Kirislin I found i was more at peace with my last girl where I had the time to reflect & say goodbye (a week from choice to vet appointment).

I don't doubt we did the right thing by Scottie but ... phew it was fast (as documented here). Its never easy, but i feel a real difference in how i prepared. 

• Like 2

Thank you Stellnme and Scottsmum, your thread has helped me too. Since I wrote my comment above I have been to the vet, and he was equally as helpful. One thing he said to me is only focus on the quality of life reasons for letting her go, not any other factors because then I will just feel guilty.  I won't take up anymore of your thread with Feather but I'm glad I read it.

Edited by Kirislin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kirislin said:

I won't take up anymore of your thread with Feather but I'm glad I read it.

You're welcome to "take" as much as you need. Anything that helps you over the coming time.

I know you've probably done this more times than you care to remember but its never easy. 

Love to you and your little iggy/whippy family. 

• Like 1