Looking for a Maltese cross or any lap dog.

Sent e-mails to SO many - no replies as yet. Realise they are mostly volunteers.

Getting just a tad despondent :(

Thank you so much folks for your kind replies. I appreciate every one. and waiting (trying to be patient) for someone to tell us what we want to hear. Paying for the right one is not a problem.

There'd be a reason interstate adoption is not likely suitable in the case of Cindy (who's in NSW).    Rescuer would want to work directly with new owners on her transition into a new home.  Cindy has needed rehabilitation training due to not having it easy in the past.  

There is another Tibetan Spaniel coming up for adoption in Victoria.  But, wouldn't you know it!  A boy.  Attractive, likely purebred, sweet natured  young Coby. 

You could ask the Tibetan Spaniel Club of Victoria, is they know of a female in Victoria.  Email  [email protected] 

Edited by mita

@Phyl.  Maryborough pound in Victoria now has a Tibetan Spaniel available for adoption. He will need some vet care for an eye condition. Here is a link to a video by the pound (he is the second dog in the video).
To discuss adoption, please contact Central Goldfields Rehoming. I see that you are in Gippsland, I may be be able to help with transport if you wish to adopt him. :)
@mita   LOL I guess this is the tibbie you mentioned above. I must have missed where OP will only look at girls. Oooops.

Edited by RuralPug
add a thought
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RuralPug said:

@Phyl.  Maryborough pound in Victoria now has a Tibetan Spaniel available for adoption. He will need some vet care for an eye condition. Here is a link to a video by the pound (he is the second dog in the video).
To discuss adoption, please contact Central Goldfields Rehoming. I see that you are in Gippsland, I may be be able to help with transport if you wish to adopt him. :)
@mita   LOL I guess this is the tibbie you mentioned above. I must have missed where OP will only look at girls. Oooops.

Yes, that's the same boy, RP.  Name is Coby.  But I believe he's now spoken for,  with one of the people in the Tibbie Pet Owner's community.   

Edited by mita
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Phyl. said:

Sent e-mails to SO many - no replies as yet. Realise they are mostly volunteers.

Getting just a tad despondent :(

Thank you so much folks for your kind replies. I appreciate every one. and waiting (trying to be patient) for someone to tell us what we want to hear. Paying for the right one is not a problem.

Where there is a phone number, probably might be easier to phone.   :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mita said:

Yes, that's the same boy, RP.  Name is Coby.  But I believe he's now spoken for,  with one of the people in the Tibbie Pet Owner's community.   

That was quick! They only released that video yesterday!!

Obviously it helps to be in a breed community of some kind to get the inside word on these things! :laugh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RuralPug said:

That was quick! They only released that video yesterday!!

Obviously it helps to be in a breed community of some kind to get the inside word on these things! :laugh:

I think because Coby appears a good example of a tibetan spaniel in his looks & nature, the Pound itself might've alerted the Tibbie club of Victoria...& his info went to the tibbie pet community.  I believe someone's then applied... so it's not a done deal yet.

• Like 1

I even asked a very nice senior gentleman outside the supermarket this morning if he wanted to sell his little girl - a Silky I think.

I do not think he kept watch as we all went into the S.M., but I did say to husband "I will keep the man talking and you pop her in one of our bags.

LOL nah I have not come to that yet, er But..............................:)

Desperate Phyl.

Rescue groups are run by volunteers who are often flat out picking dogs up, doing homechecks, vet trips, allsorts and probably trying to juggle a family too.

Don't worry if you don't hear back the same day.

Popular breeds get snapped up quickly ,so you just have to keep trying, and its not first in, but which home is most suitable.. if you are in a hurry then you will have to buy one off Gumtree or a breeder.

Juice, I have advertised willing to pay $1,200 for a 2-4 year old Female any breed affectionate small dog.

I have just checked Gumtree once again but nothing.

We are willing to travel 250 k's as I also stated, and pay petrol/expenses to get her. 

• Like 1

Have you looked at "Denise at paws" she has a lot of small fluffy dogs always . Perhaps shoot her an email with what you are after , she may have something not listed yet that would suit . You could also try sending a pm to " dogmad" on here , she rescued little dogs too but not often online here .