Looking for a Maltese cross or any lap dog.

3 hours ago, juice said:

.... I have been here a log time and it gets rather draining when new people come for advice then completely ignore it .

Sheesh Juice just put a sock in it instead of carping on.  To say you owe Phyl an apology is putting it mildly -  there was no call for the infantile name-calling nor for the judgemental criticism of other dolers who have also been here a long time. 

Particularly when just a few days ago you said of your own new pup  "right now i'm just wondering if it was a good call to take him"  for various reasons.

• Like 6

There's nothing better than a little doggie to love, and to love you. I'm glad your pup is making you happy!

I notice you said the puppy never leaves your side so my apologies if you're already doing this, but I wanted to suggest taking a moment each day to teach her how to cope being alone.  I would hate to think she might suffer from separation anxiety when you're not there as once the damage is done it can be hard working building confidence again.

For those times you might need to leave her with friends, in a boarding kennel, at the vets or just to leave the house for shopping etc you don't want her stressing and anxious and maybe barking or scrabbling at the door etc.  Do you need any tips or are you already all over this?  

• Like 6

Thank you for your understanding folks.

I guess we all have to walk in another's shoes to fully understand where others are, at any given stage of living.

I will just add, that the same place the puppies in your pic. are, we actually put in to adopt a Beagle (the Latrobe Pound) and we won, but even they said

when I explained our situation "A Beagle is NOT the best match for you". I was sad, but reading up on Beagles agreed.

I understand how Juice feels about Puppy farms of course.

Have a special day folks - may something great happen for you all today and enjoy our given 1440 minutes 'cause we will never get them back.

• Like 3

Congratulations on your new pup, Phyl. I'm sure she'll bring you many years of happiness. I'm very sorry for the rudeness you've endured so graciously in this thread. 

As a fellow yoga lover I hope I'll also be standing on my head when I'm 80! 

• Like 3

Thank you:-

I do the splits and put both legs behind my head lol. Show off a bit in demos. now and again :)

Stretching is beyond useful as we get older (I am glad I am still a youngster) :)

Pebbles is named by me... (Lady I got her from Rita, called her Regina, but she is like a little 'Muppet on legs) raggedy lol.

Such a special little lady and gorgeous (but I am biased).

I am sorry if I am chatting in the wrong place.

Would appreciate someone to tell me where I can go, and just chat to folks here.

Thank ya kindly. 

• Like 4

If you go in the General Dog Discussion for general advice, sharing and chat, you will probably reach more people. :) 

Both legs behind the head is mighty impressive! Wish I could do that; I've been woefully inflexible my whole life. ;)

2 minutes ago, Phyl. said:

Would appreciate someone to tell me where I can go, and just chat to folks here.

Thank ya kindly. 

You just stay and chat right here, Phyl - you are absolutely in the right place even if it sure didn’t seem like it for a while :( .  Pretty much the vast majority of us here have or have had cross breed dogs LOL.  There were just a few people who were a little bit enthusiastic about pushing their own barrows LOL.   

However, we won’t stay so sweet if we don’t soon see photographic evidence of this little bundle called Pebbles   :rofl:    :rofl:   :rofl:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Phyl. said:

I do the splits and put both legs behind my head lol. Show off a bit in demos. now and again :)

I once saw an amazing photograph of a woman of 70+ who, having been a dancer, could still do the splits up a light pole.   I did Hatha Yoga for a couple of years in my late twenties and wish I’d kept it up.  I was never very flexible though and was never able to do even the Lotus.  Today despite tottering around like someone of 100, I can still put my fingertips on the floor.   What a shame you aren’t in Sydney; I could hire you as a trainer.     :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grizabella said:

If you go in the General Dog Discussion for general advice, sharing and chat, you will probably reach more people. :) 

Both legs behind the head is mighty impressive! Wish I could do that; I've been woefully inflexible my whole life. ;)

You need to get in with those chimps you photograph so wonderfully, grizabella.    LOL.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phyl. said:

Thank you:-

Stretching is beyond useful as we get older (I am glad I am still a youngster) :)

Pebbles is named by me... (Lady I got her from Rita, called her Regina, but she is like a little 'Muppet on legs) raggedy lol.

Such a special little lady and gorgeous (but I am biased).

Thank ya kindly. 

That's awesome, Phyl!! I still can't quite do the splits yet and certainly can't put my legs behind my head, but I'm getting there! Got up in to my first tripod headstand recently and despite being able to do normal headstand for a couple of years now I always struggled with handstand - but did it a few months ago! It's so great when you achieve new things! 

A couple of weeks ago I got back from a yoga retreat click here in Bali. Highly recommended if you have ever wanted to do that sort of thing! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phyl. said:

Roova:- I am open to any good advice and your's is essential. I will start straight away

Thank you.

Here is a link to awesome video's on things to train (and not train) your puppy.  One of them is teaching your puppy how to be alone.  

It's really well worth taking a look at all of them, they'll help your pup grow to be a well behaved pet, who is a pleasure to have around :) 

Kikopup - puppy training

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Roova said:

Here is a link to awesome video's on things to train (and not train) your puppy.  One of them is teaching your puppy how to be alone.  

It's really well worth taking a look at all of them, they'll help your pup grow to be a well behaved pet, who is a pleasure to have around :) 

Kikopup - puppy training

Yeah Kikopup is great!

Also could check out Zak George is good for puppy manners. 

https://m.youtube.com/user/zakgeorge21

• Like 3

Er um BUT we are not experienced with putting pics. on the net at all :mad

Peter is going to have a try with 'the tablet'

Thank you Scrapy&Monty fantastic site. such a help.

This little pup is so tiny (and funny to look at - the little darling) we are terrified, and walk around shuffling along instead of stepping, in case we hurt her. Oh how she loves me, and me her.

• Like 5

Phyl., if you can get photo's on your tablet, you can attach them to your dogzonline message by clicking the underlined 'choose files'  option and selecting the photo on your tablet.  They do have to be a smallish size though.

If you don't want to have to resize them smaller, I always found photobucket handy for photo's.  You can upload photos easily to it, create and share folders with others, and when you view the photo you can copy a link straight to your dogzonline reply.  It automatically displays the photo no matter what the size after you save.

Edited by Roova
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Phyl. said:

and walk around shuffling along instead of stepping, in case we hurt her. Oh how she loves me, and me her.

You could buy her a little bell like a cat bell (or maybe a kitten collar for inside) so you can hear her so she doesn't get under your feet! :) 

I know people with little breed dogs that did that while they were little pups. 

• Like 1