Looking for a Maltese cross or any lap dog.

13 hours ago, Phyl. said:

ummm er will try and get my mind 'round raw chicken bones. Thank you.

Sorry to keep asking, but  wondered how you all get puppys to urinate on wet grass and rain tumbling down please?

I have a packet of 30 big pads and a spray can of wee wee but Puppy thinks I am crazy and will NOT use the one out of the 30 I keep trying her on.

What a joy to have a little darling sleeping on her pillow next to mine from midnight to 8 am. I am in Heaven lol.

It is heaven having a dearest little dog snuggled up next to us.  My own dogs are quite happy to have their own spaces on the bed, but my two little fosters can’t get close enough to me :heart:  :heart:

As for the rest of your post   ...... good luck :laugh: :laugh:.  Shouldn’t laugh, but as your association with DOL topics grows, you will discover that pretty well most of us have dogs for whom the idea of getting their feet wet to toilet is the equivalent of being tortured, yet as soon as the leads are produced, they would go out in a blizzard.  

• Like 6

Great reply, thank you Dame Danny's Darling lol.

We are enrolling Pebbles in Puppy Obedience, starting next Saturday, this will be 11 days after her third shot. 

We have learnt such a lot from you learned, kind people - thank you for being patient with a Puppy rookie.

• Like 4

On 5/6/2017 at 9:33 PM, RuralPug said:

Be careful with the salt levels in the beef jerky - the type made for humans has far too much salt for dogs and is often spiced with non-dog friendly products and preservatives. Picking an Australian made jerky especially dried for pets is the very best way. And please avoid any pet treats manufactured in China - too many cases or dogs falling ill from China sourced products to ignore. :(

I missed this post, RuralPup, but so glad it is there.  I have been thinking about you, Phyl. and your latest shopping list  :) :).  Please don’t buy anything made in Asia - so much rubbish is imported from these countries.  

Buy only treats made in Australia from Australian products.  I don’t know where you are in Melbourne, but there is a company called BM Animals which makes all its own jerky and meat treats.  They are in Bayswater, but you can also buy online or telephone them to place an order.  Please don’t buy any of those treats in supermarkets and never buy rawhide.  The rawhide sold in shops is tantamount to poison from the ghastly processes it goes through (bleach, formaldehyde, colouring/flavour agents, etc).  

http://www.bmanimals.net.au

• Like 3

So happy for you Phyl , I hope you have lots of fun with your new pup , 

When my Toy poodle PANDI  first came home she was good about doing wee on the lawn with a leash on , but at night in the dark I will not go out side because of cane toads , I found it tricky for her to potty on her toilet tray , some times she would and got a treat , dry kitten kibble, some times it was late i needed to sleep ,so I found that she would always wee in the shower tray so i put a potty pad in there for her & it was easy.

Now at 8 months old she toilets out side with leash on in day time & at night time she pottys on her tray & some times gets a treat.

I think JUICE  must be a little over tired,  looking after her new  Staghound pup :laugh:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Phyl  how are you going with the little pup,

do you have any news about her antics

On 5/7/2017 at 10:45 AM, Phyl. said:

Great reply, thank you Dame Danny's Darling lol.

We are enrolling Pebbles in Puppy Obedience, starting next Saturday, this will be 11 days after her third shot. 

We have learnt such a lot from you learned, kind people - thank you for being patient with a Puppy rookie.

I hope you are all doing well & having lots of fun & cuddles :)

• Like 1

Hi I hope you don't mind me coming into this thread and giving a couple of suggestions, with toileting  what worked for us with our tiny chihuahua was puting down a piece of fake grass with a pee pad underneath, I gradually moved it outside, it took about 6 months but she's now perfect will even scratch to tell us she wants out.

Also with feeding such a tiny dog I would suggest giving three meals a day until she reaches around the 2.5kg mark, if by any chance she doesn't get to that then keep her on two meals plus a treat in the middle, with such small dogs if there is too much time between meals they can have a sudden sugar drop which can cause seizures.

• Like 2