What is a good soft collapsible crate for dogs?

RocketFish

Hey all,

Long time reader first time poster.

My partner and I are looking for a good (ideally the best available) soft crate for our English Springer Spaniel. My research hasn't turned up all that much about the build quality of any of the options available. She's not a hyperactive or destructive dog, so I'm not concerned that she will damage or destroy it, we just want something she can get comfortable with and use over a few years. There have been posts speaking about both K9 Pro and K9+ crates, but the K9 Pro ones don't seem to be listed online anymore. We looked at Bono Fido one the other day, and weren't really impressed with how easily it was opened and collapsed, and the only other one we looked at was a Pet Gear one and that didn't seem overly robust. 

Does anyone here have any suggestions or experience with a high quality soft crate they can speak to?

Really appreciate any support you can give me!

Cheers.

Agree with showdog to an extent but they are super handy to take on the road to training. I have a specially designed bowl that attaches to the crate and can be quickly removed for pack down. On hot days, if we are trialling, I much prefer wire crates despite their weight and I mostly use them at home too as it's generally if I have a bitch in season, or the Spaniels are wet and muddy or if I'm playing crate games. I use my old soft crates for Agility training foundations - better than wire as they can drive in at speed without risking injury. 

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 2

Many on this forum like the K9+ ones that TSD linked to.

I have this Bono Fido one and am completely happy with it, but I don't collapse it and my dog is tiny and gentle with it... he doesn't even lean against the sides.

Incidentally I didn't find it "too" easy to set up in a way which made me think it would be flimsy. Still had to force it into position. Hmmm.

I have had one dog roll out of one ,the mesh was not sewn in securely & as he laid down to sleep popped the mesh .Paid to get it re done properly.

I had the NoztoNoz ones  which are often considered the best ,never had any issues but for me decided i prefer the wire 100% for safety & security and to be honest the size of my dogs the weight difference in a soft v wire wasn't noticeable . 

Coming in late with another vote for K9 crates.   Owner is a DOLer, and service is great.  Build is sturdy, set up and  knock down is easy (at least when you get used to it :)), and theyre light and easy to carry (mine are BC sized so about the same size as for an ESS.)   They can be hot, but have roll up blinds on 3 sides, leaving mesh free.   I use mine when travelling and using dog friendly accommodation, too .. so easy to carry in and set up.

And you can get your dog's name embroidered on the crate ... if you're silly like me.  A friend had Chloe's Cubby embroidered on her Cavalier's crate.  My BC boy obviously couldn't read that the day at a trial when he curled himself up to sleep in Chloe's Cubby, since Chloe wasn't in residence at the time. :laugh:.