Sturdy ID tag rings

Camel

This is a bit of a random one, but does anyone have any suggestions regarding sturdy rings to secure a dog tag to a collar?

In the past I have used metal key rings but have found after a few months they rust and fall off and I end up losing the dogs' ID and council rego tags which is becoming costly and troublesome. The problem with the metal rings is they tend to disintergrate really quickly (sometimes in a matter of weeks!) as we often frequent the beach. I have been using cable ties recently and have found them to be a lot sturdier, however, they also end up becoming brittle and snap off. 

Unfortunately, I'm not in the habit of constantly checking the condition of their tags and want something that is indestructible!

• Like 1

You need to buy stainless steel rings. Can get them from Mr Minute/bootmaker repair type of place.

The best thing I have found for id tags are collar tags from http://www.boomerangtags.com/page.php?c=collartags&k=h

They sit on the collar and last forever. They cost about $10US but are guaranteed not to come off.

The other good thing about them is they don't jingle and the engraving does not wear off also they don't dangle and have any possibility of being caught on anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. The boomerang tags look great but both boys have rolled leather collars because of their coats so they won't work and it still leaves the council tag (I have a metal one rather than those plastic rings).

The screw carabiners is a great idea for us. Now to find one thin enough to fit their tags directly on it!

Thanks again for the suggestions!