Feather is not ready to leave me just yet

Kirislin

3 hours ago, Boronia said:

Yes, I wonder so often where my brain is/what was I thinking as I always get much older dogs; they speedily oldie-wriggle right to the centre of your heart

Ain't that the truth?

However, I have been baby sitting a young doggy (about 4 L/h Chihuahua) for the past 5 weeks and I can tell you, it has been so much fun having a young very playful dog around.  She makes me laugh so many time a day.  It is going to be tough giving her back to her family.  

• Like 3

I'm so mindful of doona issues since you posted this. We've only recently had a cold snap requiring doggy coats and extra blankets. Over the past week Stussy has managed to burrow into a doona cover. She slept there all night and I only noticed when she tried to jump off the bed in the morning wearing all the bed linen. Last night Tempeh kept waking me because her coat kept twisting around leaving her bum cold (poor love). At one point I got up and put the light on to fix it and noticed that Stussy was under a heavy fleece blanket and it was all wrapped tightly around her head. No idea how she managed it but she was quite happy. I have no idea how she is breathing fresh oxygen in these enclosed places but she seems to enjoy being confined. She just barrels her way out when she gets too hot but obviously this is going to be an issue now she is a senior girl. More things to worry about!

• Like 3

I hear you, LG  :(  I’m getting a bit paranoid as well.  My first little foster (now gone home) used to burrow into my neck and I would be constantly checking that her nose was free.  Same thing now with the latest foster, Stevie.  He burrowed right under the blankets last night, but came out again pretty quickly because he did have a little coat on.  

• Like 2

I understand how you feel about Feather, every morning I roll over and check Gilly is breathing. My biggest hope is he goes in his sleep. I know when winter is coming because he dives under the doona., last night it wasnt that cold so he was under the top doona not the two of them!.

I don't know what Cedro and I will do when he goes Cedro has known him all his life and I have had him for 21 years, so it will be very hard for both of us.

But he isn't showing any signs of leaving me, he is a bit weak in the back legs, but can still jump on the bed, he also zooms everyday. When he stops those things I think it will be his time.

• Like 6