Likely puppy strangles

Scarring or not she is pretty. She was the plain one and overlooked but she always knew how to get you in by smiling and sitting graciously for the camera. She no longer sits for long and has been most vocal loving to tell us to wake up and brings in the feed bowl asking for food.

today is puppy toy shopping day for her. She needs toys inside as it's pretty boring for her. 

• Like 3

I may have forgotten to post this mornings photo...if so here goes.... today I went tot shopping for enrichment, it seems tugging on my pants is still more fun lol. It's worse than when my kids were little. When she rehomes she will be well equipped. 

IMG_7690.JPG

• Like 4

Good morning from Stella, I had a blast last night when I got all thesexfin toys. But I want more naturally. I wasxalso given this thing  called a collar. At first I thought it was a tug toy and didn't want to let go, it was kind of fun. 

But it feels odd and itchy so I tried to run and  I know it off then scratch it off. I'm kind of getting used to it. I'm told it suits me, and one day it will allow me to go for walks with people.

i still have meds morning and night and I and learning to sit but that's boring. My legs just want to bounce.

IMG_7699.JPG

• Like 6

Hi guys just a quick update, Stella is doing stellar! She is bright happy and a handful as all pups should be. She is very much looking to me as her master. She will do with others when I am not around but it is me she looks to. I have rehoused hundreds in my active rescue days. Stella is on of a few I am asked to help and  annoy deny. But there is a bond of trust here that is very intense. 

I will try and gets some more photos soon. It seems her growth has steadied which I did expect whilst on steroids. Today is a week she started her treatment. We go back to one tablet once a day tomorrow for another seven days.

i am looking for safe fun toy ideas as she has had fun with the few I got her although true cheap teddies  she will eat. She really enjoys the treat dispenser using her nose to roll it over. She likes a simple car toy large ball with a bell and plays soccer. A more substantial ball with a bell inside would be great if I could find one. She is not overly enthused by squeaky toys. 

• Like 2

How would she go with a home made toy like a 2 litre empty cool drink bottle or sauce jug with something inside to rattle around or you could put cheap cat collar bells inside? Those of my guys who are not chewers love to bat and chase the bottle as it rolls on the floor. For those who are chewers I remove the lid and any ring around the neck and just supervise until it is pretty dead and then throw it away. :)
I will also give them sections of fresh carrot that roll or cored apples that roll. Eventually they eat them which is fine!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RuralPug said:

How would she go with a home made toy like a 2 litre empty cool drink bottle or sauce jug with something inside to rattle around or you could put cheap cat collar bells inside? Those of my guys who are not chewers love to bat and chase the bottle as it rolls on the floor. For those who are chewers I remove the lid and any ring around the neck and just supervise until it is pretty dead and then throw it away. :)
I will also give them sections of fresh carrot that roll or cored apples that roll. Eventually they eat them which is fine!

I feed apples and oranges whole.  Takes some dogs a while to figure out how to peel an orange, but if you start the peeling process for them by removing a small piece of skin so that they can get at the flesh through the hole, they soon get the idea of how to make the hole bigger and get more of the lovely juice

petals 1.jpg

• Like 2

She's decided this is her favourite. I will have to get a supply of them. She turns it around to find the squeaker, tosses it up in the air, drops it off  the lounge and retrieves it back up. Very entertaining and made a liar of me not liking squeakers. She's bold rude but so happy. Loves shopping for shoes as well.

IMG_7739.JPG

• Like 7