I guess it had to happen at some stage - the Universe has spoken

DDD I hope you don't mind me expressing an opinion but those dogs are absolutely gorgeous and they belong with you. :) I am not sure how old you are but I think you are a few years behind me and I am expecting another ten years. My youngest dog is two and I aim to see her through and I think you need some younger dogs in your life. :) I remember my mother used to walk her last dog, Katie, into her early eighties and when Katie died my mother decided she was too old for another dog. In the next few months she started ageing dramatically which I believe was  because she was missing her daily walks and the social interaction that it brought. She lived to 91. Also my vet once told me that some people who have multiple dogs sometimes get them all at about the same time which means they are close in age and they all die at about the same time which can be totally devastating for the owners, This is why I always have dogs of different ages. Currently I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. Now I don't know how old your own dogs are but those two gorgeous newbies fit just right into your household. :) I would hate to see them going through another relocation. They both seem to be telling you that they have found their niches and they are staying right there with you. :crossfingers: for Benji and Stevie. I think Danny might have sent them to you. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sarsplodicus said:

DDD I hope you don't mind me expressing an opinion but those dogs are absolutely gorgeous ........

LOL Sars.  They ARE gorgeous, but they don’t belong to me.  I am fostering Stevie and Benji for Tania of PAWS; once they have been with me for a couple of weeks to get a better idea of their personalities and quirks, they will be up for adoption.  I have three of my own: Tamar (13), Jeune (16) and Bunter (anything between 14 to 17 ?? If pound believed, 17) and we are a settled little family.  I can’t imagine ever being without a dog and when my three have crossed The ‘Bridge, I will foster.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cazablanca said:

Aww, little cuties, love Benji though :love:

He is a terrific little dog, @Cazablanca.  He is part Jack Russell part Maltese.  He has the soft coat and lovely squishy body of the Maltese and sturdiness of the JR with lovely strong, solid legs.  We have to work on his mouthing though, as I believe he has been played with very roughly - maybe because he is so sturdy - but he is so much better already.  He is a very quick learner, though, and if he starts to mouth, I just stop what we are doing and he knows why.  He used to take my fingers with his treats, but I stopped that very quickly just by telling him to be gentle.  

He loves games, has a few tug and throw toys, yet when we go to bed, he just snuggles up next to me on the bed and hardly moves all night.  Stevie is the same.  Getting the harness on was quite a thing in the beginning, but he has improved out of sight.  He was surrendered as the previous people want to go travelling, but so glad he was surrendered to Tania.  He follows me even more closely than Danny used to and puts his head against the back of my legs as I walk   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;  if we have been in a room for a while and they are all settled, when I get up there is a mad scramble to follow me.   He will be a wonderful dog for an active family.   

Both of them are fine with my dogs and with any dogs we have met on our walks.  I had just the two of them and Tamar the other evening and met up with a neighbour who has two Shih Tzus (father and son) who I call Tamar’s boyfriends.    Daddy dog always goes nuts and even though his was going full blast, Stevie and Benji were just 100% fine with him jumping and barking (just excitable - no malice); they were just happy for new and interesting bodies and bottoms to sniff.   We passed a beautiful black and white Greyhound this morning and they didn’t take a bit of notice.   

I’ll have to get some more photos of Benji.  Hard to get because if I call him to look up, he races towards me.  He is a sweetheart .................. 

• Like 4

Aww, he really does sound like a real little character, I'm sure he's going to make some lucky person/family very happy!    Following you around so closely, clever little man not missing out on any of the action.   Both he and Stevie are very lucky to have you as their foster mum. 

• Like 3

I was mean and horrible yesterday afternoon.  It was a beautiful Autumn day, cool with brilliant sunshine, so I snuck out of the house with just Stevie, Benji and Tamar and went for the longest walk I’ve had in the years since Myrtie died.  I went up streets I haven’t walked for years, just driven through. True to form, Tamar was wondering what the heck was going on, is she safe, has mum gone crazy, whereas the boys just loved it.  Just about every post and every tree have been marked by Stevie, and Benji was just beside himself.  Today is much the same and so we will be doing this again - it was so good to be walking at a normal pace instead of inching forward and then being pulled backwards as Jeune stopped to sniff or Bunter stopped to gaze at something only he can see  :heart:  :heart:.  Heavens!!  I might even lose some weight :party::party:

• Like 3

And by "waits in his crate" you mean you have to pry him out with a stick at other times :rofl:

Dear little man. He's so lovely. 

Thanks for the update. :heart:

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 3