I guess it had to happen at some stage - the Universe has spoken

1 hour ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

How frightening to see this happen, poor little Orla, it's good you were there at the time , to help her.

You are so right.  I know it is silly to worry about things that didn’t happen, but I can’t help feeling sick with horror at the thought it could have happened while I wasn’t at home.  The place feels so empty without her.    

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scottsmum said:

Any news on how Stevie is settling into his new home DDD?

He started to show issues that in the six months he was with me were never in evidence.  His new family called in a trainer and they are working on these and the last I heard was that things were improving.  

One that is such a shock to me is that he shows aggression towards male tradies.  During Stevie’s time with me, I had several tradies and a regular guy who helps with mowing and heavier gardening work.  I have a video of Stevie jumping all over this guy in joyful acceptance and recall him just loving everyone who visited.   Stevie loved everyone and, frankly, I used to get jealous (not really LOL) when we were out walking because Stevie would love and accept attention from people (men, women and children) we met and/or stopped to talk with.  The other issue that has emerged is barking at other dogs while out walking.  I haven’t had an update for a while, but will try to get one, because I loved that little guy and want only what makes him happy.  His new family wants that too, so I am sure progress has been made.   

Jeune, Tamar and Bunter seem to be relishing the fact they have me to themselves these days and as much as I would like an older little boy to play with Tamar, it is very easy just having these three:  four oldies together. :heart: :heart:  Tamar and Bunter used to play quite a bit, but Bunter is now 16 or 17 (if the pound assessment was correct) and spends most of the day snoozing.  I did witness a first last night though ---  Tamar and Bunter cleaning each others’ eyes.  Tamar and Jeune do this regularly, but I have never seen B and T doing it.  They then had a 10 second little play before Bunter decided he needed a snooze to get over it all :heart: :heart:.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

That's troublesome - but I'm glad they're helping him sort it out.

Glad your pack is enjoying situation normal again. :heart:

I phoned his rescuer today to ask if she’d had an update.  It turns out that the barking when out walking was actually the other little dog (also a rescue)!!!! which I was not aware of, but that they are back to walking together and all is going well.  

I should not have mentioned my little pack as I have well and truly jinxed myself.  Tamar has started weeing in the house :eek: :eek: :eek:.  As she is one of those strange little dogs who stand on their front legs and pee while teetering around, she lives anything from a metre to two metres of a trail of wee.  She’d done this a couple of times when Orla was here and I thought it would stop because she’d done it only once or twice.   It did stop after Orla was gone, but in the past couple of days has started again and today she has pee’d four times in the house.  Obviously a trip to the vet is in the diary, but I sincerely hope it is something easily controlled.   

• Confused 1