I guess it had to happen at some stage - the Universe has spoken

My doggy numbers have been slowly declining as age has taken its toll and since Danny died last year there has just been Jeune, Tamar and Bunter.  Recently, a request popped up in my FB news for someone to mind a little dog while her owner was in hospital for a few weeks.  Stella joined the group.  OMG What a little darling.  Hardest thing in the world to give her back which I had to do yesterday.  However, before she left, I “took delivery” of Benji a little boy looking for a new home.  And just to add to the mix, I am looking after Stevie for the weekend, a little boy from SDCH who is also looking for a new home. 

Photo is of me walking five dogs yesterday morning, something that hasn’t happened for a few years.  Benji is in front of my legs and Stella is the tiny red girl in lower left corner.  

IMG_0251_zpsk3u52y12.jpg

And this is Stevie looking resplendent in one of Myrtie’s coats.  He was said to be very very timid and he looks it a bit in the photographs, be he is certainly not.  He spent most of the night cuddled in the crook of my arm.  

IMG_0265_zpsmxceagzo.jpg

IMG_0252_zps1wbkfffa.jpg

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, persephone said:

Glad you have a 'full house' again :)

It is only temporary.   It is only temporary.   It is only temporary.   

Stevie goes to his full time foster carer on Monday after being desexed.  

Benji is here until he finds his new home.  He is a real sweetie (couple of issues with mouthing) but not an ounce of malice.  

They both behaved impeccably when meeting Diva, a local elderly and large Rough Collie.  

58 minutes ago, Scottsmum said:

Oh - I just looked Stevie up and it says he has a home.  Hope that's right. 

http://sydneydogsandcatshome.org/animal/stevie/

He really is cute!

To my knowledge he is with PAWS until he finds a home.  

Edited to add:  I looked up your link and despite saying he has a home, the message goes on to read that he is with PAWS for some TLC before rehoming.  I think they should change the message and give PAWS’ contact details so anyone seeing him on SDCH could contact PAWS.  Anyway, I will suggest that when next talking to Tania.  

He is much skinnier than those SDCH pix would suggest.  He is a voracious eater and came with a slow food bowl :laugh: :laugh:.  

He is like quicksilver, but comes when called and sat when offered treats this morning.  He also stopped trying to take my fingers as well when I said “gently”.  He’ll be a delight when some work put into his training.  

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
To add more information.

28 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

To my knowledge he is with PAWS until he finds a home.  

Edited to add:  I looked up your link and despite saying he has a home, the message goes on to read that he is with PAWS for some TLC before rehoming.  I think they should change the message and give PAWS’ contact details so anyone seeing him on SDCH could contact PAWS.  Anyway, I will suggest that when next talking to Tania.  

He is much skinnier than those SDCH pix would suggest.  He is a voracious eater and came with a slow food bowl :laugh: :laugh:.  

He is like quicksilver, but comes when called and sat when offered treats this morning.  He also stopped trying to take my fingers as well when I said “gently”.  He’ll be a delight when some work put into his training.  

Yes - I saw that and wondered what the deal is....  I hope they haven't started counting passing on to other rescues as "re-homes"  ???

Regardless, you're right - I'm very glad there is an ocean between us right now. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottsmum said:

Yes - I saw that and wondered what the deal is....  I hope they haven't started counting passing on to other rescues as "re-homes"  ???

Regardless, you're right - I'm very glad there is an ocean between us right now. :D

I’m happy to take a trip to NZ.  I’ve never been there.    :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, persephone said:

Short breaks are a good way for your next dog to sniff you out  ;) long breaks confuse the issue ....

:offtopic:The longest I've ever been without a dog in my life is 6 months...  Otherwise they've always overlapped....  but....  It was a rough ride last time and the housing market over here is currently not at all pet friendly.  My boss (is a head of section at a well known university) couldnt get a place because she has 2 elderly cats. You see & hear about it all the time. So we'll see...

Anyhow, the lovely young man above is so out of the realms of possible it's not funny - but I could always live vicariously through DDD :laugh: 

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 2

I'm pathetic, since I got my first puppy (only not quite 8 years ago - Saxon) I've loooooved them, then dealing with my three adults, the stress of foster dog Molly and then whilst having all of them also taking in three 12+ week old boisterous BC foster pups I thought I was well and truly over it....

but not too many weeks later and I'm already looking at puppy pics and getting all clucky!!! 3 happy, healthy, young-ish adults feels too easy... But it is DEFINITELY what we need for a while lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

Anyhow, the lovely young man above is so out of the realms of possible it's not funny - but I could always live vicariously through DDD :laugh: 

Okay, but don’t blame me if your credit card can’t help but take a hit :laugh:  :laugh:  He really is the sweetest little cuddler.  Flies onto the chair behind me, but I am not sure (although have STRONG suspicions) whether it is me or the food on the table he is wanting to get closer to.  He is a humper and when he leaves, a couple of cushions will be binned  :rofl:  :rofl:

Even though it is just over 24 hours since he came, he is starting to fill out a little and is looking a lot better.  I will give him a bath tomorrow so he will be nice and clean before his surgery.  

Only one “accident” in the house today, so I think his marking was only because all the olfactory evidence of years of different doggies in the house was too much for an excited, free little fellow.   I have some more photos which I will put up when transfer between phone and computer happens :mad  :mad

• Like 1