I guess it had to happen at some stage - the Universe has spoken

9 hours ago, Little Gifts said:

DDD you are hilarious! It's only temporary. Pfft!

Hahaha LG, that is so true

DDD just doesn't realise it yet...

she has always been a little slow on the realisation of the inevitable

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boronia said:

Hahaha LG, that is so true

DDD just doesn't realise it yet...

she has always been a little slow on the realisation of the inevitable

You all are so funny .......... NOT :scold:  :scold:

Actually, they ARE staying temporarily, because they are too young for me.   I can’t do their playfulness and youth justice  :whiteflag:.  My three elderlies are quite enough.  I am quite enjoying having a house full of dogs again; I just don’t want the responsibilities.  Benji needs some mouthing training - I am pretty sure he has been played with roughly and inappropriately during tug playing and he is responding really really well in just the short time he’s been here.  Apart from marking all over the house (which has decreased markedly - found only two little ones this morning), 5 years old Stevie doesn’t seem to have a bad bone in his body.   They are both serious cuddlers :heart:  :heart:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

5 years old Stevie doesn’t seem to have a bad bone in his body.   They are both serious cuddlers :heart:  :heart:

So that's why you should keep him. That and I want to watch his adventures with you because I can't have him. :rofl:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

Yes - I saw that and wondered what the deal is....  I hope they haven't started counting passing on to other rescues as "re-homes"  ???

Regardless, you're right - I'm very glad there is an ocean between us right now. :D

Gorgeous pics Dame Danny's Darling! Lovely to see Stevie settling in so quickly too. The SDCH website only allows to mark as rehomed or else delete the profile - rather than people "assume the worst" we prefer to mark rehomed. Good suggestion about linking to paws though - will do!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, carolineh1 said:

Gorgeous pics Dame Danny's Darling! Lovely to see Stevie settling in so quickly too. The SDCH website only allows to mark as rehomed or else delete the profile - rather than people "assume the worst" we prefer to mark rehomed. Good suggestion about linking to paws though - will do!

Thanks for the clarification Caroline. Good to know.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

I will make it a condition of his rehoming that CCTV is installed in his new home and linked to you, SM :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm not asking for that much ... just you know... daily stories & photos. So much easier if he just stays with you. 

Like I said, very soft spot for SDCH terriers :)

• Like 1

Stevie is at the vets today being desexed.  I hope it has an affect on his marking in the house :(  Quite a few episodes last night, but I rarely see him do it.  He is 5 years old, so has been doing it for a while; I think the training will really need to be upped.   You visiting Oz soon, SM?  LOL  LOL

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Stevie is at the vets today being desexed.  I hope it has an affect on his marking in the house :(  Quite a few episodes last night, but I rarely see him do it.  He is 5 years old, so has been doing it for a while; I think the training will really need to be upped.   You visiting Oz soon, SM?  LOL  LOL

Have you got any belly bands DDD?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jemappelle said:

Have you got any belly bands DDD?  

How odd??  I posted a response to this hours ago.  Maybe I closed computer before submitting it.  

Yes, I do have belly bands, and they have been a life saver.  However, with Stevie, he is in and out of the house all the time and I don’t want him weeing into them when he is running around downstairs.  He doesn’t wee on the bed at night.  If I wake up after several hours, I’ll take him and Benji downstairs.  

He is home from the vets now and very tired from his big day: anal glands, dental, desexing, nails.  He is sound asleep on the couch wrapped in a nice light and warm fleecy.   :heart:  :heart:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

How odd??  I posted a response to this hours ago.  Maybe I closed computer before submitting it.  

Yes, I do have belly bands, and they have been a life saver.  However, with Stevie, he is in and out of the house all the time and I don’t want him weeing into them when he is running around downstairs.  He doesn’t wee on the bed at night.  If I wake up after several hours, I’ll take him and Benji downstairs.  

He is home from the vets now and very tired from his big day: anal glands, dental, desexing, nails.  He is sound asleep on the couch wrapped in a nice light and warm fleecy.   :heart:  :heart:

Sometimes Im sure I've replied & tge response isnt there. Thought it was me. 

Glad he's 'home' & resting. 

• Like 1

He is doing well, SM.  And, I hope, I am not putting a jinx on us, but no marking in the house for the past day and two nights :champagne:.  I am beginning to think that might have been “unknown place - gotta make sure everyone knows I’m here” type thing.  :crossfingers:  :crossfingers:

I came home from taking Bunter to the vets yesterday evening, came in the back way, no Stevie to greet me and couldn’t find him anywhere.  It was dusk and the house was a bit dark, I started to panic ......... but there he was perched on the front window sill keeping watch. :heart:  :heart:.  Same thing a little while ago while I was out in the front garden.  

• Like 4