I guess it had to happen at some stage - the Universe has spoken

Thanks for putting up the pix, @Scottsmum  :thanks:

I didn’t take my camera today, so you will all just have to take my word for this:  I walked the six of them this afternoon LOL.  They were remarkably good and we stopped to talk to a few neighbours and encountered only one other dog, the owners of whom went another way when they saw us - I don’t know why.   :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Thanks for putting up the pix, @Scottsmum  :thanks:

I didn’t take my camera today, so you will all just have to take my word for this:  I walked the six of them this afternoon LOL.  They were remarkably good and we stopped to talk to a few neighbours and encountered only one other dog, the owners of whom went another way when they saw us - I don’t know why.   :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pleasureis all mine. 

Don't tell Stevie, but I think Minnie is adorable :heart:

And yes... I can imagine that wouldbe quite a sight!

• Like 2

On 09/07/2017 at 5:52 PM, Dame Danny's Darling said:

He was very subdued when he came back.  I think he felt as though he'd been punished or deserted.  He has been okay today.  

Benji is going great guns.  Officially adopted now and we could not want for a better home.  I feel very happy when I think of him and how it all worked out for him.  

How is Stevie now? Tempeh still lives with the fear that I will take her out in the car and never come home with her again because her first night in an adoption trial went badly. I can literally see it in her face every time I have to take her somewhere. When I picked her up the next day she was limp and lifeless. It took weeks before she would interact with us humans and she hid behind our others dogs all the time. Her happy go lucky attitude was lost that night. She was in her second fear period as a pup and had already bonded with us (a pei thing) so I think that is why this fear of being abandoned by us became so entrenched. She is very confident in her home environment but despite all our work with her and behaviourists she still doesn't like strangers coming to the house and she doesn't like leaving the house even for walks. Vomits in the car. Everything that comes into the house  must be fully inspected. She just wants things always the same. It is what it is and we work around it. Hopefully Stevie will be able to shake the experience off easier because of his age.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Little Gifts said:

She just wants things always the same. It is what it is and we work around it. Hopefully Stevie will be able to shake the experience off easier because of his age.

Oh, poor little darling - some dogs just never recover fully from their experiences.  Stevie is nothing like Tempeh, thank goodness, although he is a funny little fellow, very sensitive and it is a bad bad idea to chastise him, evenly gently.  That said, he is very stubborn and at the moment, I am dealing with him and Minnie digging under my fences as I have dogs at the back and one to the side. They would be safe from the dogs, if they made it through, but the side neighbour's fences are not dog proof.  I am constantly going around checking for holes, now, and filling them is with bricks, stones and anything that I can find.   Very stressful  :(

My first attempt at rehoming Tamar when I first rescued her was a disaster, too, and she has remained timid to this day - 13 years on.  

• Like 3

On 7/23/2017 at 3:15 AM, Scottsmum said:

She really is a sweet little dog and so far, I haven’t discovered any vices.  Poor little darling was an outside dog, no coat, no shelter, no treatment for fleas or her shocking ear infections.  Despite constant treatment for her ears and the vet having cleaned them out, they are still mucky.  Yet she is happy, has never wee’d in the house and snuggles under the bedclothes all night.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

She really is a sweet little dog and so far, I haven’t discovered any vices.  Poor little darling was an outside dog, no coat, no shelter, no treatment for fleas or her shocking ear infections.  Despite constant treatment for her ears and the vet having cleaned them out, they are still mucky.  Yet she is happy, has never wee’d in the house and snuggles under the bedclothes all night.  

Quite a few pei peeps have switched to Zymox Optic with 1% Hydrocortisone. I get mine off Ebay from America. I would never normally dismiss my own vet's instructions but it has worked far better than anything my vet has prescribed for Tempeh and is much simpler to use and quicker to treat symptoms. She gets a squirt every couple of weeks and it keeps things under control. I'm pretty sure Coogie and maybe Cane Toad use it. It's not that expensive either and could be worth a try. Tempeh had great ears until she had to wear a cone of shame for a week, now we just have to keep on top of whatever keeps wanting to propagate in there.

17 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

I posted on 30th June in this topic DDD, maybe ask your vet to change ear medications, perhaps worth a go

On 7/23/2017 at 3:15 AM, Scottsmum said:

Minnie left the building yesterday  :cry::cry:.  She is such a sweet dog and a lot of fun to have around. Despite my last post about her ears clearing up, the infections and yeast are still there so her medication has been changed.  The new owner was given the option of waiting a few weeks so we could continue treatment, but she wasn’t having that LOL.  Minnie is off to live in a very social retirement village with a few daily walks in beautiful surrounds of pathways, gardens, strategic seating and lots of people around to stop and talk to and have admire her.  The new owner collected her from my place and my only concern was that her face might split in two such was the size of her happy and excited smiles.  The new owner had bought a rain coat (pelting rain yesterday) and had already set up a doggy seat so Minnie could see out :heart: :heart:.   She left decked out in new harness and lead and her beautiful new rain coat ------ and guess what silly billy didn’t get a photograph :(  :(  I am so cross with myself.   

• Like 4

So sad for you as I know how much you loved Minnie, but Minnie has gone to have a wonderful life in what sounds like the perfect place which she deserves, plenty of people to love and adore her.

• Like 1