Lori Stevens Balance Harness

Hi All, 

Just letting you all know that I'm super excited to now be stocking the Lori Stevens Balance Harness in Australia - can be found here:

https://www.blue-9.com/pages/balance-harness/

I have been searching around for a while for a harness that doesn't restrict movement, has an appropriate front attachment, but is also extremely adjustable to fit all body shapes and sizes. 

I will only be keeping a small amount in stock, so working on a pre-order system. 

Price will be $50 (postage around Australia is extra)

If you are interested - please contact me on [email protected] 

Here is a recent review on harnesses.   I also stock the Sally Hopkins Fleece harness and perfect fit harness

https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/20_4/features/Best-Dog-Harnesses-2017_21622-1.html?s=FB_041317

Edited by leopuppy04
  • Like 2

Aww, a few days too late! I just ordered some more harnesses from Indi-dog. It is insanely hard to find good quality, ergonomic harnesses. Indi-dog will custom make them and put a handle on for me, and it works out a little cheaper in the end, but the Lori Stevens Balance Harness and Haqihana harnesses were literally the only other harnesses that were on my list after scouring the internet for weeks. Erik strongly disliked his Alpine Outfitters flyball harness, so I am avoiding anything with fleece on it. Plus, fleece gets wet and stays that way for a while. It's good to know there is another supplier in Oz I can point clients to for a simple, comfortable, front-attach harness. 

• Like 2

Fabulous! As you'd know there aren't many stockists of non-restrictive front-attach harnesses in Australia nor harnesses that fit unconventionally-shaped doggy bodies. :laugh: We love our Perfect Fit; it's the only harness I could find that fit my Chi x without getting something custom made.

Just a note: your online shop doesn't come up in searches for AU stockists of the Perfect Fit harness (and possibly the others too) and a password is needed to access it. I think this may be a barrier to potential customers thinking about making a purchase. You may like to optimise your site for search engines and, if you don't want your store readily accessible, perhaps have a page showing what's available. :)

• Like 1

Agree with what PK eloquently said!

definitely interested in the balance harness (not to be confused  with the Blackdog one!)... and thank you Corvus for raising a very good point about the fleece.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:12 PM, corvus said:

Aww, a few days too late! I just ordered some more harnesses from Indi-dog. It is insanely hard to find good quality, ergonomic harnesses. Indi-dog will custom make them and put a handle on for me, and it works out a little cheaper in the end, but the Lori Stevens Balance Harness and Haqihana harnesses were literally the only other harnesses that were on my list after scouring the internet for weeks. Erik strongly disliked his Alpine Outfitters flyball harness, so I am avoiding anything with fleece on it. Plus, fleece gets wet and stays that way for a while. It's good to know there is another supplier in Oz I can point clients to for a simple, comfortable, front-attach harness. 

All good info Corvus.  Will have to look at some of these harnesses too.  After using the Lori Stevens balance harness on my pup I'm a convert.  I agree about the fleece harness, but if we are somewhere with water, my kids won't wear their harnesses for that reason.  I love them for every other type of walking though :) 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, Papillon Kisses said:

Fabulous! As you'd know there aren't many stockists of non-restrictive front-attach harnesses in Australia nor harnesses that fit unconventionally-shaped doggy bodies. :laugh: We love our Perfect Fit; it's the only harness I could find that fit my Chi x without getting something custom made.

Just a note: your online shop doesn't come up in searches for AU stockists of the Perfect Fit harness (and possibly the others too) and a password is needed to access it. I think this may be a barrier to potential customers thinking about making a purchase. You may like to optimise your site for search engines and, if you don't want your store readily accessible, perhaps have a page showing what's available. :)

Hi PK - thanks for pointing that out and yes, that is intentional.  Mainly because I only order a small amount and as I'm slowly growing my business I am trying not to have an 'online store' just yet - I don't want to be delayed or overwhelmed with orders coming through and be unable to stay ontop of it.  For that reason, I do a pre-order system, or allow people to get in touch with me via phone and email and as my business grows and develops, I will develop my online store to a little more detail. :).  Please don't hesitate to get others in contact with me, but at this stage I will only take orders via word of mouth :)

1 hour ago, fbaudry said:

Agree with what PK eloquently said!

definitely interested in the balance harness (not to be confused  with the Blackdog one!)... and thank you Corvus for raising a very good point about the fleece.

I have used quite a few harnesses in my years of dog training and these two (Sally Hopkins and Lori Stevens) remain my firm favourites!  

• Like 1

My short dogs get fleece padding on the underside wet just by running through wet grass. :grimace: I think it's the bulk that they dislike most in harnesses. I thought it was going over the head, but the AO harness I got for Erik had a neck buckle so it didn't have to go over his head and he loathed it, so I guess that's a secondary concern for him. He's most cooperative about his cheap, nylon harness, so it seems he prefers lighter. I just don't trust it, and I get annoyed about the poor fit. The Indi-dog harnesses come padded, but you can get airmesh (or neoprene) instead of fleece. The airmesh is lighter and dries quickly. More practical for running as well.