Are duck necks ok?

Kajtek

HonBun (my bully) usually gets chicken necks as part of her dental hygiene treatment. I got some frozen duck necks today and I presume it's ok to use duck necks.

Please let me know if there is an issue.

Edited by Kajtek

I have fed whole ducks cut up, and necks. I think they are a fattier meat if the skin is on, but it has been rare enough not to be an issue.

i would be happy to have access to duck again. I currently use Turkey necks. 

Edited by Diva
  • Like 2

Thank you for your feedback. HonBun had some this morning and seemed to enjoy them.

That's a really good thing as she is the resident fuss pot. It usually takes me a long time to convince her to accept new food.

If Turkey and Chicken necks were good previously, then duck necks should be fine too. :) 

I wish mine could eat necks, even though he chews them well, Scrappi always vomits bile a few hours after eating any type of necks. Did it with chicken necks as a pup, and did it when we tried turkey necks last year. 

So I just avoid them now, must have a weird fat content or something. It seemed as though it was like "hunger vomits" but he got a good amount of food. 

He is fine with chicken drumsticks, wings, frames etc though so I'm not sure what the problem is. 

Guest crazydoglady99

Wow!! Where did you get them?

I'd love to buy duck or turkey necks in bulk!

Interesting.. my female dog says duck is yummy, but my male dog says it's no good!

On 7 May 2017 at 6:59 AM, Kirislin said:

My friend got some recently with whole heads attached.  He said the dogs loved them beaks and all.

I know logically that the head/beak is no different to them (or us for that matter) eating any other part of the animal, plus I've been encouraging Quinn to catch and eat whole mice...but eeeewwwww