Dog training Sydney?

Can anyone recommend any really good dog trainers in Sydney? I'm based in eastern suburbs and don't want to travel too far but am willing to drive if it's worth it! :) or even in home trainers. I have a 9 week old American staffy who is currently in puppy school but we want her to be extremely trained. Was going to go with bark busters but after reading so many bad reviews have decided against it. Any recommendations are appreciated! 

Edited by Zoeh

Suppose it depends on how far too far is - I know a great trainer in St Peters, but I would often drive to Baulkham Hills and beyond for specific classes.  Do you have a rough limit?  

Give Ian at Bondi Behaviourists a call. I'm sure he does group training in the eastern suburbs. I used him for anxiety and he was amazing, after trying 2 other big well known trainers in Sydney and had zero success.

Hey Zoeh! I do puppy raising consults at K9 Pro from our training facility in Richmond/Londonderry which I know is a bit more of a drive than you are looking for, but our program is tailored to your needs, we design a puppy raising program for you and help you implement it at home via email support. Most of my owners then come back for follow up lessons every 4 weeks or so. You can read more about our services here http://k9protraining.com.au/getting-a-puppy/

• Like 1

Depends on what kind of training you want to pursue and what your current skills are like and how hard your dog is. :) If you want training as a way of life, that's quite different to getting some critical skills trained into your puppy and then just focusing on having fun with your good canine citizen. 

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend any really good dog trainers in Sydney? I'm based in eastern suburbs and don't want to travel too far but am willing to drive if it's worth it! :) or even in home trainers. I have a 9 week old American staffy who is currently in puppy school but we want her to be extremely trained. Was going to go with bark busters but after reading so many bad reviews have decided against it. Any recommendations are appreciated! 

Hi

I live in inner Sydney and have travelled to K9 Pro headquarters for their training program. We did a lot of research over a long period of time prior to getting our pup, and the fact that it's personalised is what makes the biggest difference - You could have the best trainers in the world but finding someone who can speak your language so that you can understand it as best as possible for what you want to achieve beats course after course hands down. 

I would suggest having a good think and writing down your training goals and definition of 'extremely well trained' and going from there. I think everyone has a different definition of what that is! 

I sent neighbours (who had used bark busters) to K9Pro and now they're recommending them to everyone who has noticed the change in their dog's behaviour. 

Good luck!

:)

• Like 2

Hey Zoeh! I do puppy raising consults at K9 Pro from our training facility in Richmond/Londonderry which I know is a bit more of a drive than you are looking for, but our program is tailored to your needs, we design a puppy raising program for you and help you implement it at home via email support. Most of my owners then come back for follow up lessons every 4 weeks or so. You can read more about our services here http://k9protraining.com.au/getting-a-puppy/

:laugh: Just saw this post! This is who we used and will keep on using :) 

• Like 2

Another ditto here for training with K9Pro and Steve's awesome puppy raising programs. I train with K9Pro with two of my Staffords - their programs are very much individual and we use different approaches for each dog based on their needs.  Last year Steve did a litter evaluation to help me select a pup.  She started in Steve's puppy raising program at 8 weeks and is now 14 months.  I can't even put into words how much we've enjoyed the process.  Do yourself a favour and invest in the next 12 years of your puppy's life :) 

• Like 3