Malaseb

Hi I have a 3 year old Labrador who has a overgrowth of yeast on all her feet and has been licking and biting them and now they are red and loosing hair. The vet prescribed malaseb. I washed her feet this morning and that awful smell was gone. Seeing I washed her bed and blankets because of the smell I tonight decided to give her a full wash in her normal shampoo and now that awful smell is back in her feet. I know it says to use it twice a week but I was wondering if it would cause any harm as a once off to wash her feet again tomorrow - 2 days in a row. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Edited by Hawksrule

Phone the vet to be sure . 

Yeast infections . 
 Been there done that .. 
 Are you sure the vet said to only shampoo the feet ?  I have used this on dogs many times , and shampooing the whole body  seems to be most effective :)  As it needs to be left on for 10 minutes , I found a short walk ,or nice big bone kept dog occupied while the stuff did its thing 
Yeast infections are a bit tricky . 
dogs nuzzle/lick themselves , curl around to get warm .. and yeast loves moist darker places ..esp the are under the tail! 

I have also given a daily probiotic and more fresh food   to help  . 

re bed washing .. dog beds that get washed here are always rinsed in Canesten  to kill nasties ...

Edited by persephone
  • Like 2