Do dogs grow out of clumsiness?

Scissoring is good but clipping would probably be better...if you can get your hands on some clippers.

If you aren't excessively attached to the hairy look then clipping her face cleanly like a poodle would be the best.

At least then it wouldn't blow back over her eyes when she is running...or on a windy day!!

• Like 1

Mowgli, I highly recommend the grooming book Theory of Five. It's got a whole section on shaping heads :) I've never groomed before and my dogs heads look fine. We get comments on their good looks, with many people saying the westie looks like he's out of a picture. His breeder does point out if his sideburns look a little long in the regular pictures I send her. She called him a hippy one day LOL

Scissoring is good but clipping would probably be better...if you can get your hands on some clippers.

If you aren't excessively attached to the hairy look then clipping her face cleanly like a poodle would be the best.

At least then it wouldn't blow back over her eyes when she is running...or on a windy day!!

I do have clippers but I am a bit attached to the hair and I don't really want the shaved poodle face for her - i have cut it very short on the sides of her face and on her muzzle so i don't think she would have any issues seeing (its more like the Maltese look and doesnt blow into her face) :) 

Mowgli, I highly recommend the grooming book Theory of Five. It's got a whole section on shaping heads :) I've never groomed before and my dogs heads look fine. We get comments on their good looks, with many people saying the westie looks like he's out of a picture. His breeder does point out if his sideburns look a little long in the regular pictures I send her. She called him a hippy one day LOL

You know I even ordered this book when you first mentioned it to me a while ago but it got lost by Auspost so I ended up getting a refund - reordering it again today! :)

LOL - she is gorgeous.  I don’t know about dogs growing out of clumsiness - but I haven’t  :cry: :cry:.  Bruises, drop keys before finally getting them in the lock, trip over mats, etc etc.   Maybe I should cut my fringe too  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Thank you :)  Heheh I am not 100% sure if is definitely due to the hair either, on the first day she was very well good and didnt hit anything :) and then the second day, she jumped into the bath when i had just gotten out of it and then ran around the house wet and bumped into two walls...so i think its mostly a just when excited thing! She is a pretty laid back dog most of the time with the exclusion of going into zoomie mode.  

I am also completely uncoordinated and always have a few bruises from walking into door frames and tables...so hopefully she hasn't learned it from me! :P 

• Like 3

LOL - she is gorgeous.  I don’t know about dogs growing out of clumsiness - but I haven’t  :cry: :cry:.  Bruises, drop keys before finally getting them in the lock, trip over mats, etc etc.   Maybe I should cut my fringe too  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

But if you're clumsy, cutting your own fringe might be a bad idea! :eek: :laugh: :heart: :heart:

• Like 2

hehe she is a super cheeky monkey ...stole my sock and ran into the couch today! but its her birthday :) 

(this photo is not from today as my phone is too full to take any more photos - so her hair is shorter than that on the face)

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 10.09.02 pm.png

• Like 2