Cuteness overload... you've been warned!

tdierikx

Gosh, how do you drag yourself out of bed in the morning ;) 

I had a 4:30am (and 7 degrees cold) wake up yesterday to be at the farm by 7am and to a job by 9am.... it definitely helped to know I'd be taking Freddie Freckles and Fern (1st and 3rd photos) out on their first visit... and they were little stars - lapping up cuddles and pats from kids and adults alike.

I must admit, I've fallen in love with Freddie Freckles... he's such a little character, and thinks I'm his mummy... *grin*

T.

• Like 1

It looks like Freddie Freckles is gaining quite the fan club at work... hmmm... gonna have to have a word with him about being a tart for everyone... he's supposed to be MY toyboy!

Here are some more pics of Freddie... just because... *grin*

591d6af3e2bcc_16-05-2017-kindifarm032.thumb.jpg.e3abf4fae76835cfa1fe9fe202837da1.jpg

591d6b180ccf0_16-05-2017-kindifarm502.thumb.jpg.69d6ac0e4793619e362928677e83cde9.jpg

591d6b25cba4a_16-05-2017-kindifarm051.thumb.jpg.1a0c78a0070a7fb7de6b83a4aed90fdc.jpg

T.

• Like 2

Here are some pics of Freddie's sister Fern... she's almost as cheeky as he is... and cute as a button too.

In the first photo she's climbing on my stomach... *sigh*

591d77a561f9c_16-05-2017-kindifarm233.thumb.jpg.b5a2e05f0329ddc521b77984044ba301.jpg

591d77d8a4f94_16-05-2017-kindifarm224.thumb.jpg.396663101dfd44f3818bbfb99e6a4c3e.jpg

591d77eb795d2_16-05-2017-kindifarm582.thumb.jpg.ddb6d5a4dc4891a9982020edfceb21f2.jpg

They both have gorgeous markings, wouldn't you agree?

T.

• Like 3

How big are they? I'm struggling with the perspective!

And may I suggest using dog breeds for comparison? :cheer:

The exercise pen fencing panels are about 2 feet high, and the kids are well contained by it... so I'd say Freddie and Fern are around 12 inches tall at the shoulder, and Pip is about 10 inches. Freddie amd Fern weigh in at around 2.5 kgs, and Pip is about 2kg (if that)... so tiny... I've actually seen newborn goats larger than Pip... *grin*

All 3 have huge personalities, and are doing really well out on visits, lapping up the attention like true little pros... not to mention that they are fast becoming the faves at the farm.

Freddie and Pip are really adventurous, and like hopping about like spring lambs... cutest thing ever! Fern follows their lead when she's decided that it's safe to do so... smart girl.

I think I'm going to have to find some props for their next photo shoot, and see if I can get some of them jumping on and off things.

T.

• Like 2

How old are the little cuties? 

I always thought I'd love to own a little kid but just don't think it's a sensible idea. :idea:

I do love all creatures great and small.

• Like 1

I always thought I'd love to own a little kid but just don't think it's a sensible idea. :idea:

It is not sensible .. but desirable. baby kids are adorable ..and cute, and fun , and ... 
I have had numerous over the years .. the old pic  here is Gladys .., with her favourite ball , her browse branches hanging on a chair... she lives indoors for a couple of months, as she was  only a week or so old when I was given her . yes, that is her cushion  by the heater ..she would sleep on that during the day , and in a cat basket at night . she was taken outside often, of course , and rarely messed indoors. She lived happily ( and crankily) with us for some years until, unknown to us,  she stole a whole loaf of bread, which caused her demise from bloat .
Kid goats are certainly one of THE most entertaining of baby animals .

GLADYS.jpg

Edited by persephone
  • Like 1

The littlies are about 1-2 weeks old...

T - how big do MINI's grow? 

(thinking only) 

About half the size of a regular goat usually...

T.

• Like 1

Beautiful shots.  Are they drinking from their mums or bottle-raised?  Just curious as I'm bottle-raising two alpaca babies.  I wish they had the confidence of kids, often they need to be cornered and caught before feeding them, stress all round.  Four-five bottles each a day at present so it's pretty full-time.  Wish the foster-mum plan had worked out, most definitely a foster failure the wrong way around. 

• Like 2

Beautiful shots.  Are they drinking from their mums or bottle-raised?  Just curious as I'm bottle-raising two alpaca babies.  I wish they had the confidence of kids, often they need to be cornered and caught before feeding them, stress all round.  Four-five bottles each a day at present so it's pretty full-time.  Wish the foster-mum plan had worked out, most definitely a foster failure the wrong way around. 

wow..guess alpacas are still 'wild' animals then? usually (feral) kids & lambs happily accept  bottles after the first one or two . makes for a lot of work :(

Edited by persephone
  • Like 1