Time period between dinner and bedtime

kamuzz

Varies considerably....if we are home they are fed around 6.30pm/7.00pm but if I'm out training they might not get dinner until 10.30pm. Then it's about an hour until bedtime. 

Last trip outside just before bed with a biscuit. Sometimes they'll race to "fake wee" so they can get their biscuit :laugh: It's something I insist upon as puppies. 

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 3

I assume you mean close the backfoor for the night? When ever I was heading to bed with a "last call" kind of offer. If it was cold & the door was shut - similar - offer of a wee last thing.  

Scottie was a bit more regimented in dinner times than my previous dogs needing at least 1 hour  between dinner & meds. So meds were usually given at walk time  (between 4 and 6) and dinner *usually* btw 5 and 7. 

With close in time between 9pm and Midnight

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I'll go with what I think you mean :laugh:

We feed dinner around 6:00-7:30, then I'll leave them out if they want to sniff around the yard, but they usually sit on the back step to come inside. 

Then they are inside with us most of the time from then. They stay out longer in Summer.

If we are cooking, and they keep trying to come in the kitchen after warnings, we put them out, and often they stay out while we eat our dinner. 

After dinner they will have a nap on their beds inside near us, then around 9:30-10:30 when we go to bed we will put them out for a quick wee, then they are in to bed. :) 

Monty usually will want to go out at 6:30-8:30am for a wee in the mornings. 

My two's stomach-clocks say 5.00 is dinner-time, Henry is the one who is most insistent on this time, then he then wants to go to bed as soon as it gets dark, he was an outside dog that had a cubby to sleep in so I suppose dark-time meant sleep-time.

He is still puzzled that we stay up so late...8.30 is so late for him. We do get up at 5.00 though.

• Like 2

I feed my girl around 5 pm and then send her out for sniff/pee etc and then she comes in and sees what offerings she can get from us while I cook and then eat dinner. She will then wander around until we are ready to sit and then she will spend her time snoozing on the lounge with us. I send her out again before we go to bed, usually around 10 - 10.30 

• Like 1

Our guys get fed between 6:30-7:30 and that's it for the night. They know to go to the toilet straight after, but if they forget they will go on cue.

Now that the greyhound is older she often has an extra trip at 10ish, or goes out earlier in the morning.

For those of you who shut your dogs in at night, what is the time period between when you feed your dogs and when you shut them in?

They are usually inside  anyhow after about 7:30 . They get fed when they're put to bed ..whatever time that is - between 8 and midnight! No run after dinner ...then again, their dinner is not huge, they get stuff during the day as well. 

Varies considerably....if we are home they are fed around 6.30pm/7.00pm but if I'm out training they might not get dinner until 10.30pm. Then it's about an hour until bedtime. 

Last trip outside just before bed with a biscuit. Sometimes they'll race to "fake wee" so they can get their biscuit :laugh: It's something I insist upon as puppies. 

Pretty much the same here.  Mine get used to variable meal times, poor things. :laugh:

depends if I've worked a night shift or not :)

When I come home in the morning, the dogs are let in, fed and they go to bed. Usually don't move until 3pm or so. Sometimes earlier but not often. Don't get put out again after breakfast.

When I am not working they get tea around 4 - 5 pm inside. They often go out again then and also last thing before I go to bed they are chucked outside for 5 mins, I rarely watch them to make sure they go. If they do need to go at anytime they wake me up.

No set meal times here - I'm not creating a routine! They get fed when I get home from work, pee when I get home, poo after dinner and then it's on the couch for the evening and then off to the bed. 

Mine get fed when I get home from work, anywhere  between 5.30 and 7.30 pm. Then at bedtime, they go out for a wee (Sarah often does a fake squat or the quickest winter wee on the face of the planet - one of the two!) then off to bed - my bed of course!

• Like 2

Thanks.  One of my Setters doesn't seem to make it through the night, and I wondered if we were feeding too close to bedtime. But it would seem not.

They get dinner around 6 and the door is shut at 9. Maybe I should throw them all outside at 8:30. Oh the wailing!  

• Like 3

Thanks.  One of my Setters doesn't seem to make it through the night, and I wondered if we were feeding too close to bedtime. But it would seem not.

They get dinner around 6 and the door is shut at 9. Maybe I should throw them all outside at 8:30. Oh the wailing!  

Always sent Scottie out for a last wee- and when he became deaf and decided the command was optional (he couldnt hear me say it so....  didn't need to do it) I'd take him for a quick walk down to a few spots I knew he liked to cock his leg on.  Seemed to help until the last few months when even that became optional. 

• Like 1