Time period between dinner and bedtime

kamuzz

I agree to send out for one last wee. Just the opportunity. If they go they go, if they don't that's ok.

Is there anything else that might be getting your setter up? Noises? Animals?

A story that is only funny in retrospect: I took Malcolm back to toilet training in that instance. Unfortunately it backfired when he decided that just being outside at night was rewarding, despite only being rewarded when he actually toileted. Afterwards he was much better but the extinction burst was horrific. :eek:

Thanks.  One of my Setters doesn't seem to make it through the night, and I wondered if we were feeding too close to bedtime. But it would seem not.

They get dinner around 6 and the door is shut at 9. Maybe I should throw them all outside at 8:30. Oh the wailing!  

Age? Male or female? Desexed? Is the dog asking to go out or leaking?

• Like 1

I feed at 6.30ish and put them out for a wee/drink when I am getting ready for bed 10.30ish. Most of the time they just sit at the back door. They do want to get up pretty early in the morning 6ish. What time are you getting up? 

We have three dogs and I have my suspicions as to the culprit, but no proof. About every 10 days or so I come down to a pile and a puddle. No noise during the night to indicate anyone asking to go out.

And I'm blaming Veli, a 4 year old, desexed male.

The door is shut at 9 pm and we get up at 5 am.

• Like 1

Sometimes I have to supervise my dog to make sure she goes when I let her out... especially if she's been on kibble for dinner and it's raining.   dinner is usually 6:30pm and Last pitstops 10:30pm but not always.

I don't usually get a puddle surprise - I get woken up with frantic persistent yiffing... at 4am.