Favourite toys - just for fun!

I'm sure this has been done before but I'm bringing it up because this always makes me chuckle...

This is Pink Pig

image.thumb.jpg.782783d0074e00a195778e9055468dde.jpg

Pink Pig is by far and away the favourite toy of all 3 of my dogs. They have pleeeenty of toys, ranging from proper Kong branded things and other pet store toys to rope toys and cheap stuffed toys from the $2 shops, and I regularly throw out dead ones and supply new ones (although not that often now they are aged between 5.5 and nearly 8) and they'll occasionally have a play with some of them but they never tire of playing with Pink Pig and when he comes out they will literally tackle each other out of the way to get him :laugh:

Pink Pig is an old McDonalds Happy Meal toy who I got as a teenager so he must be at least 20 years old, my mum found him in the house and gave him to Saxon when he was a puppy. Almost 8 years and another two dogs later (fosters don't get to play with him) and Pink Pig is still alive (although a bit worse for wear) and still the most favourite, best toy ever!

What do your weirdos treasure?

Edited by Simply Grand
  • Like 5

Guin loved "wiggly fingers" not so much a toy, but a game.  

Scottie had a few. But it was moosey who lasted better than basically anything else. Not bad for a  50 c boxing day Special. He was always careful with him.to be honest I suspect its because he didn't squeak, but he still did well. 

Scott&Moosey

• Like 9

When Zena was a young pup ( 9 years ago) we bought her a pink fluffy thing which her first litter of pups got hold of. It survived and went through 2 more of her litters and then finally had to be thrown about a year ago. It could only be washed so many times. It always amazed me as even the boy puppies adored this "pink" thing. Everyone loved it.

The next toy to be used and abused by a multitude of puppies and still lives on is a "skunk". A black and white ( not any more) long toy. Perfect for those rough tug of war games. A favourite with all. And gets tonnes of use.

And lastly I have one male pup ( my Mollys brother) a 3 year old who visits us regularly and he will hunt through the dog toy box and find his favourite toy. A grey plastic squeaky shark. Never fails to find it. 

• Like 1

Malcolm's current favourite is his Kyjen Wobblerz Monkey, a sort of soft toy version of the Kong Wobbler. Today he played with it for 1.5 hours with only a few short breaks (it's on hard mode) and for half an hour of that it was completely empty. Oh and he's no longer (yay confidence!) cautious or gentle like the puppy in that video. Gives it a solid whacking and performs an enthusiastic playbow jumping manoeuvre that looks like CPR but is much less effective. GIVE UP THE KIBBLE, MONKEY.

He thought he saw it hanging from someone's car one day. I swear the world went into slow motion and soft focus as he saw his long lost friend in the distance. He was SO HAPPY. If it were a movie Chariots of Fire would have been playing, stopping abruptly as we got closer and the Evil Twin came into view.

IMG_2572_zpsodtud9wh.jpg

Poor Mal. He was so disappointed.

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 7

My little girl loves kibble in plastic drink bottles , she throws them up & down, runs around shaking it by the narrow top end , 

all up it lasts 30 min ,  she ends having a good crinkling  chew , then it's put in the bin , so much fun to watch :)

• Like 2

My little Molly's favourites were an opshop grab basket children's toy .. a soft face thing with a horrible laugh when squeezed/activated .. and a mini Jumbo jet soft toy , with all the sounds of a take-off !! Don loves that one as well . 

Guin loved "wiggly fingers" not so much a toy, but a game.  

Scottie had a few. But it was moosey who lasted better than basically anything else. Not bad for a  50 c boxing day Special. He was always careful with him.to be honest I suspect its because he didn't squeak, but he still did well. 

Scott&Moosey

What a fantastic photo!! :):) Shows the lad looking all fired up <3

• Like 2

Speaking of noise making toys, I just remembered Bunny, who was also a popular toy with the three of them (although no Pink Pig)

image.thumb.jpg.ea77021ebcb6b30f6c2568a1548c1778.jpg

She's a kid's toy who used to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when you pressed her belly and the three of them would just sit and watch in fascination while she sang to them :laugh:

Her music died when she got washed though so she's not as interesting now, poor Bunny (worth a sniff though says Quinn)

• Like 4

Meet my dear little man 9 year old Dozer, his favourite toy is a Chuckit ball but his advice in general I think is

'keep all those favourite balls and kongs close'! :)

591e9e9fd6204_Dozerkongandballs.thumb.jpg.085800fedb8e0740bcdaaf98891e993e.jpg

Unfortunately, Dinosaur and Dolly soon met with the same fate as most of his stuffed toys. 

Dozer with dinosaur 2.jpg

Dozer with toy doll.jpg

Edited by *Avanti*
  • Like 6

Meet my dear little man 9 year old Dozer, his favourite toy is a Chuckit ball but his advice in general I think is

'keep all those favourite balls and kongs close'! :)

591e9e9fd6204_Dozerkongandballs.thumb.jpg.085800fedb8e0740bcdaaf98891e993e.jpg

Unfortunately, Dinosaur and Dolly soon met with the same fate as most of his stuffed toys. 

Dozer with dinosaur 2.jpg

Dozer with toy doll.jpg

Very sound advice indeed.

• Like 2

What a fun topic :) 

This is Comet's fav... A little lion with long, dangling legs that make him a great tug toy. His middle squeaks as well.

He absolutely stinks but I think he might fall apart if I washed him :laugh:

Comet.jpg

• Like 6

Aww, good Comet waiting patiently for lion to be thrown.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who creatively names the dog toys - along with Pink Pig and Bunny we have also had Tigey the tiger, Polar Bear the polar bear, Monkey the monkey, Slippy the toy slipper, Kong the Kong Wubber, Froggy the frog. Sax could pick them out by name back when he was an only dog and I was less of a lazy trainer :laugh:

• Like 5

U

Aww, good Comet waiting patiently for lion to be thrown.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who creatively names the dog toys - along with Pink Pig and Bunny we have also had Tigey the tiger, Polar Bear the polar bear, Monkey the monkey, Slippy the toy slipper, Kong the Kong Wubber, Froggy the frog. Sax could pick them out by name back when he was an only dog and I was less of a lazy trainer :laugh:

You've basically named our toybox. Only missing "inside ball". Which was, funnily enough, the ball we'd play with inside.

Our reasoning was the same it started as "wheres the ball (or monkey) and grew as the range did. He couldn't pick them all by name but was pretty good.

What a fun topic :) 

This is Comet's fav... A little lion with long, dangling legs that make him a great tug toy. His middle squeaks as well.

He absolutely stinks but I think he might fall apart if I washed him :laugh:

Comet.jpg

Here's a free bit of advice in case you do wash him/it. Don't put it through the hottest of hot washes. It might seem like a good, hygienic choice. You'll only end up with unsqueaking, however, clean toys.  

Uh..so Ive heard ...:rofl:

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 1

SG your story of the toy that played music reminded me of a Christmas reindeer kids toy that if the belly was pressed it would play Santa Claus is Coming To Town. Molly absolutely loves this toy and has it constantly singing while she bounces around with it. Much to her disappointment it only comes out at Christmas time. 

And yes we have names for all our toys too. We have bunny, a pink floppy rabbit. Chook, a large soft squeaky chicken. Obviously ball, a ball and oh the list goes on. Our dog toy box has way too much in it and yes Molly is quite clever and can pick out most by name. She does love her games:thumbsup:

Zena's mum, we have a (weird) chicken toy too, he's a bit worse for wear 

image.thumb.jpg.ef3e9e4dc334468addfaefb787da0425.jpg

and I had to be very careful to call him Chook not "chicken" because they know very well what "chicken" means - ie a delicious treat, not a stupid plastic toy! - and look at me with great disappointment if I ever mention the word when there isn't any around for them

• Like 4