Favourite toys - just for fun!

It came with him and I've bought him so many other toys but this is forever his favourite. He likes to use it for fetch, tug of war and he likes to sleep with the bears' butt in his mouth!

AR-20784-2.jpg

• Like 4

I feel for all my dogs especially Gilly, who at a tender age was traumatised once at training. We were near another group who were using squeaky toys and they all squeeked at once!

Gilly was by my side off lead and he just bolted to the car.

So Ive tried many times to bring in toys but none of them seem to want to play with them. Cedro just wasn't interested either. Bob destuffed one or two but that was it.

I feel my dogs have gone without the fun of toys.

• Like 2

I feel for all my dogs especially Gilly, who at a tender age was traumatised once at training. We were near another group who were using squeaky toys and they all squeeked at once!

So Ive tried many times to bring in toys but none of them seem to want to play with them. Cedro just wasn't interested either. Bob destuffed one or two but that was it.

My last girl didnt play. Wasnt her thing.  

He is a questionable JRT, just a bit too much brown in him. He has had a raw food diet all his life. The only time he gets dry food is when I sometimes throw a handful  around when I go to work. He loves it but it makes him poo heaps. So I have pretty well stopped that to Cedro's unhappiness!

Im in the Northern Tablelands of NSW up in Glen Innes and the mice are driving me crazy.

Poor Gilly. I can relate in a way. Malcolm used to be extremely toy selective and also has a noise phobia. If a toy wasn't a particular type, size, smell, texture, material and silent he at best wouldn't play with it and at worst be terrified. For example you'd think if a dog were into tennis balls they'd all be ok right? Not for Mal back then!

He still has preferences/worries (mostly noise + plastic) but now that his anxiety and confidence have improved I'm making up for lost time by buying alllll of the toys. :laugh:

If your dogs are food driven and you use super high value threats, food dispensing toys are one way to get them into things. In saying that I spent three months DS/CC Malcolm to his first food toy, but once he got that downpat and started Nose Work classes he was off!

He has dementia PK he forgets what he is doing Cedro has had kongs and things but if Gilly isn't interested he isn't either.

I often have to remind him why he is outside at night, I don't think he can see in the dark, so I take a torch and he follows me around the yard.

He is snappy, stinky and annoying at times but I love him to bits. Cedro and I will miss him awfully when he is gone.

• Like 3

One of the most favoured toys of all animals who have lived indoors ..from piglets/cats/pups/dogs is a rubber? babies  ball, with the surface  consisted of raised letters  It used to be a dark pink .. but has faded heaps .. I bought it for Mitchell, when we lived in the City ... so guess late 1980's ? It's still rolling around somewhere .. if I find it I'll take a photo :)  ( good excuse to clean under the couch ) 

Tennis balls are Diesels favourite, closely followed by the plastic pig from Woolies. He got one years ago from Sam's warehouse and adored it, so when it died he got a woolies pig, he's now on his second. 

Bundy doesn't play with toys.

One of the most favoured toys of all animals who have lived indoors ..from piglets/cats/pups/dogs is a rubber? babies  ball, with the surface  consisted of raised letters  It used to be a dark pink .. but has faded heaps .. I bought it for Mitchell, when we lived in the City ... so guess late 1980's ? It's still rolling around somewhere .. if I find it I'll take a photo :)  ( good excuse to clean under the couch ) 

That is one long lived toy!!