Microchip reunion - over 6 years missing (Aust)

RuralPug

So it would seem that someone found this little chap and instead of getting him scanned or handing him over to authorities, decided to either keep him or onsell him. :( 
We will never know, but his family is rapt to finally have this tibbie home again.

https://dogshome.com/lost-dog-buddy-reunited-with-family/

John and Vicky were devastated when their precious dog, Buddy, went missing from a family member’s property years ago.

“He was our beloved dog; he went everywhere with us,” said John.

We searched everywhere and put up posters. We thought we might find his body on the side of the road.

LDH-lost-dog-Buddy-reunited“But when we didn’t find him, we thought someone must have had him.”

Yesterday – six-and-a-half years after he went missing – Buddy was picked up by the Home’s Animal Ambulance.

“I was so happy when I received the call; I couldn’t believe it,” said Vicky.

“It’s hard to put it into words,” said John.

“I have a Labrador at home and we’ve bonded really closely together. But Buddy was Vicky’s dog; her little lap dog.

“We’re rapt to have him back.

Buddy was microchipped, so I always knew one day we’d be reunited with him. Microchipping is so important; Buddy is the prime example of that.”

“Now, we’re going to take Buddy home and give him something to eat… and a bath.”

Microchipping gives you the best chance of being reunited with your pet if they go missing, provided that your details are always kept up to date. Please book an appointment with your vet to have your pet microchipped, and make sure you update your details if you change your phone number or address.

• Like 3

I cannot believe people who find dogs don't take them to the vet to scan for a chip. It's the first thing I do if I find a dog without a collar. Very nearly scored a beautiful boxer once. She found us on our walk. I'd never seen her on our route and she followed us home. She didn't have a collar so I took her to the vet to scan for chip. She didn't have one. She had beautiful manners so was obviously loved. I took her walking the next day hoping her owners would be out looking for her, but no luck. I only found her owner when I called the council to check what I needed to do with a possibly unregistered dog. The owner had called them too, so they got reunited. If I hadn't found them I probably would have kept her as she was very lovely.

• Like 3

Someone posted on the Tibbie list, the video of this tibbie, Buddy,  being reunited with his owners.  It was so sweet how he gently but firmly went straight to his mum & dad.  He hadn't forgotten them.

Similar thing happened to tibbie, BJ Malone, on Gold Coast, but he was lucky his microchip brought him home in only 8 months.  He'd got out when a storm blew gates open & his family were out.  They did all the right search things & his dad arranged for his microchips data base to have the word MISSING added.  So any person scanning would know he had a family looking for him.

Months passed & they'd given up hope.  Then someone dropped a tibbie into the AWL on the Gold Coast, saying they were doing it because 'someone else didn't want him any more.'

Tibbie was scanned during routine vet check...up came his  chip with MISSING.  So AWL called his family.  In their magazine, they said the family took off from home like a rocket!  And there was a wonderful reunion with BJ Malone flying into his family's arms.

• Like 1