Anywhere in Adelaide that discounts for multiple vaccinations

BDJ

Hi all,

I have tried to do a search without success, so starting a new thread.

Normally I don't 'shop around' for vet stuff as price is not my driver, but I need to get 4 animals vaccinated at the same time (all adults - 2 dogs C5 and 2 cats F3 or F4)

I thought that considering it would be quite a time saver for the vet (all 4 would be done in not that much more time than it would take to do 1 considering the 'hi, whats happening and bye part of the consultation will only need to be done once :) ).  So i thought that I would ring around to see if anyone would offer a discount - I have rung a few and had a response of either 'no discounts' or a few $$ off.

I don't think I being a cheapskate - they are needles, so all the same product.   If I have an animal with an issue, or who needs treatment - then I go to who I feel is best, not who is cheapest.

They are all healthy, and I know enough to pick up anything that the vet would with their standard 'vet check' (this is not vet bashing, just saying that anything that stood out to a vet in the 3 mins they are looking at ears and gums, checking hearts and taking their temperature I would pick up enough to go to them proactively for help).

I am Adelaide NE (Modbury way), but happy to travel a reasonable distance (but no point in the kms to get the outweighing the difference in price)

Would love to know if (a) I am being impolite and it is not the done thing, or (b) any suggestions on any recommendations on who I should call

thanks

thanks Ness

I rang Noahs Crossing and they were one of the 'no discount' places, but that may be because i don't have a relationship with them (which i sort of understand).  I will give Adelaide Plains a try

Noahs were doing a discount vaccination day at a dog park so I was thinking they might be cheaper for vaccinations.

Blakes Crossing seems to get a good rap for pricing by friends out that way to. Again don't know about a discount for multi vaccinations.

Edited by ness

It's irrelevant that you feel you could point out health issues ,vets must do the health check to cover themselves not to inconvenience owners .

Most who do offer discounts do so to registered breeders .

Which vaccine are you wanting 3 yearly plus canine cough or c5 yearly 

You could always take the two dogs to the Noahs Crossing vaccination day - C5 for $45 per dog. C3 is $25. Stebonheath Dog park - Davoren Road, Andrews Farm - Sunday 28th of May 11am - 3pm. No bookings and payment is Cash.

Ness - thanks for the info about the vaccination day on Sunday - brilliant

Showdog - understand that they need to do a health check - was not trying to infer it was an inconvenience, just meant that any vet I go to is not going to be able to notice a difference in how they look as (thankfully) I don't have to go to a vet often enough for them to remember the individual animal.  Vets are highly trained and have more info in their small finger than I have in my whole head.  Unfortunately I need the C5 yearly.  I am not a fan of frequent vaccinations, but where I board does not allow 3 yearly (even with titre tests) - no yearly vacs, no stay is their motto.   They are brilliant with the animals and I feel so comfortable with them, so yearly vacs it is (at least in the year I travel :))

I am surprised that the boarding kennel does not accept the 3 yearly core vaccine where the canine cough part is still given yearly .

They are behind the times

Agreed. I mean I suppose they could argue about the one-year c3 given off-label and titres only testing one part of immunity, but the c3 vaccine that is specifically registered for 3 years? That's ridiculous.

Hi Showdog and Papillon kisses - I might give them a call and ask if they have changed their policy.

I haven't boarded their since last year, and that was their (very) firm policy, but perhaps they have changed

Thanks for the nudge - I shouldn't assume :-)

thanks again for the nudge/information - have confirmed that they will accept the C3 done yearly as keeping the C5 valid for the three years.

This is a change in their policy (yay to them), and a good reminder for me to always ask and don't take old information on face value as businesses do change policy

:-)

• Like 1