Lovan for dogs; does it have to be dispersed?

Thank you Papillon Kisses - appreciate your wise words. I am thinking along your lines - about him being out of sorts but this afternoon he was showing more signs of being his normal self. His appetite has increased. He is now eating snacks like he used to and playing with his ball. I am much happier with the progress. Thank you to all that have replied for your advice.

• Like 1

My dog was like that for about the first 4 weeks of being on fluoxetine. It took several months for him to fully return to his usual bright and perky self (but without the insanity). I understand that is an unusually long time. It was worth it, though. He has responded well to it and is a much happier dog.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, corvus said:

My dog was like that for about the first 4 weeks of being on fluoxetine. It took several months for him to fully return to his usual bright and perky self (but without the insanity). I understand that is an unusually long time. It was worth it, though. He has responded well to it and is a much happier dog.

How long would treatment be before you start seeing changes? 

I have a dog here who went from pound to a home, put on Lovan, surrendered to another pound where he was weaned off and then adopted out again then given to another shelter. He is absolutely lovely and fine mostly but his separation anxiety is strong. 

My question would be, given his timeline I calculate he only would have been on Lovan for a month before being surrendered again (I assume for his anxiety). So would it be worth trying it again for a longer period?

When I've given it in the past, it didn't work but it was a lot longer than a month before deciding nothing was happening. 

Edited by Powerlegs