What Silly Things Does Your Dog Do?

Tempeh (shar pei) is the Queen of Quirks but tonight I was reminded of her most baffling one. She has very little hair or fat so once the temperature drops below 15 she needs a coat on or can't settle. Every cold night the ritual is the same - I pick the coat up, she runs off, I chase her around the house for a bit, she assumes the statue position, I put the coat on and then she waddles off like a drunken sailor with back legs that don't work. I must've put a coat on her hundreds of times by now and it is always the same. The back legs make me laugh every time. It's like that Shrek scene where Donkey is yelling "I can't feel my legs!". Her other silly thing is she can't keep a coat on properly. I make them to suit her body so they are not the wrong size yet it doesn't matter how it is fastened it will end up twisted and draped over one side or the other or around her front. No idea how she manages it but it's a real skill!

What dumb stuff do your dogs do?

• Like 4

Other than the usual clumsiness of running into walls, trees and couches...?

She loves being muddy, sandy and messy but if she's got a leaf or even a *gasp!* flower petal on her foot/leg she will refuse to walk one step! (I've done so many injury checks on her in the middle of a wilderness walk thinking that she's hurt herself and its just been a leaf stuck in her hair)

If the door is open she will definitely sneak into the shower or bath and then demand to be blow dried after

If its muddy outside she will run inside and wait in the bathtub for a foot wash - I suppose thats a good thing though

She also likes to climb onto the outside table and whinge for someone to help her down

She is quite a cheeky character! :)

• Like 4

Riley's whole life is doing dumb stuff, he's a weirdo!

here he is grooming a blanket:

image.thumb.jpg.62d725286d30457b009953f8b97407d2.jpg

Here he is cleaning inside Quinn's mouth:

image.thumb.jpg.14de139416bc170590adcbf101616fec.jpg

Here he is ummmm:

image.thumb.jpg.2315519b6c8e4ff862dc396b0af56256.jpg

He also spins in frantic circles whenever he gets excited, tries to jump into my arms when I'm clearly holding something so he bounces off and falls back on the ground, randomly freaks out at a cupboard or blind that has been in the house the whole time...

• Like 6

My old boy (now passed on) used to love licking windows, and floors, and feet, and pretty much everything.

Min can't walk straight when she has a coat on, she goes sideways, kinda like a drunk trying to walk a straight line :laugh:

She also will get into any car that has a door open and lay down on the seat, apparently goes deaf as well because she didn't come when I was frantically calling her name for ages thinking she had somehow gotten out of the front yard and was lost, searched up and down the street whistling....come home sad and spot a flash of white as I pass the car, ahah!   Little minx.

She also steals socks, the smellier the better, and used to hide them behind a chair, but that escalated to actually eating one of my sons friends socks (he'd stayed over) in one gulp.  Luckily it came out the other end in one piece.   Gross.

And when she's sitting down and she farts, she jumps up quickly to see what this mysterious thing is making the noise :rofl:   

Lately she's become a bit obsessed when I put Sorbolene cream on my feet, she wants to lick it off, its like it's the most tastiest thing ever and she must have it.    Weirdo dog  :laugh:

• Like 3

awww....  LOL at Malcolm, especially !

I will go back in history  some time, to Kieran , a 35 inch high, 44 kg brindle 'staghound' .. most people would avoid him  when we walked around town ... 
His trick was to walk along in a crowd , and ever so gently, take hold of someone's hand in his mouth .. :o  he had a touch as gentle as a butterfly .. however , it  used to cause  a bit of , ermm... upset   ;) 
His tail, being long and whippy  was also the cause of many men falling to their knees ! When wagged  furiously , and connecting to the front of their trousers,  it apparently caused  a fair amount of pain !!! LOL

• Like 6

Even though Molly has worn a coat every winter of her life she acts up when she see it coming. She knows the cupboard where it is kept and as soon as she sees me getting it out she immediately goes into reverse, voicing her opinion at the same time. As soon as it's put on she runs around silly rubbing her body on walls, chairs and rolls on the floor. After a few minutes all is good but it must come off at bedtime. Likes to sleep naked !!! :rofl:

• Like 3

Lacey my Cav does this weird thing, when she is pooping she doesn't stand there she will go in circles pooping ... weirdo dog.

She will also do the spin thing when she knows it's treat time.

Whitney does this too, and great dane's poop goes a loooong way.  Picking it up is always fun as you get to follow a trail :) 

Harry (who is no longer with us) the greyhound used to do what we called a "happy dance'.  When he had done something he thought was amazing or fun, he would stamp his front feet in one spot and look at us with the silliest grin on his face.  He was commonly known as "Harry the Clown". Miss the bugger :(

• Like 4

My sons dog was recently given her wings at 14 yrs due to an aggressive growth in her abdomen. Waiting on pics to give her a tribute in the right thread, but she was one of the quirkiest dogs I have had the pleasure of knowing.

When she was happy  ( like  coming home from shopping and yelling ' Bones!" ) she would do a complete back flip ( self taught and unasked)

She would answer when we called her.

She loved cats and would  look confused that those she saw on the streets always ran away.

Edited by moosmum
  • Like 2

Moosmum that reminds me of something Stussy does - also self taught and unasked. She does a batch of rollovers pretty much every night in the lounge room. She flings herself into them though from a standing position and has been known to take out furniture in the process.It's like watching a gymnast practise a floor routine on a too small mat. I tried to make her do them on command but she looked at me like I was a crazy person speaking with my hands in Italian.

Malcolm is a legend!

• Like 2