What Silly Things Does Your Dog Do?

Malcolm is a legend!

That he is!

He enjoys his creature comforts. I just don't understand how some of these comforts can be remotely comfortable.

He recently made himself a little den out of wrapping paper.

IMG_3313_zpsts7ez8ai.jpg

Oh and when he really wants something, whether it be roast chicken or pumpkin cooking in the microwave, he will find himself something to sit upon like an over-enthusiastic primary school student. Usually it is his beloved green/plastic bags but if they are unavailable he will perch on some other random object: my handbag, a shoe, an 8x8cm square of paper. He will seek out these things over his mat even when he looks very awkwardly positioned.

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 8

Moosmum that reminds me of something Stussy does - also self taught and unasked. She does a batch of rollovers pretty much every night in the lounge room. She flings herself into them though from a standing position and has been known to take out furniture in the process.It's like watching a gymnast practise a floor routine on a too small mat. I tried to make her do them on command but she looked at me like I was a crazy person speaking with my hands in Italian.

Malcolm is a legend!

Yes! From a standing position and wouldn't repeat when asked. And not what I would call an active and athletic dog normaly. One of those dogs who suddenly develop a severe limp when asked to do some thing she didn't want to do.

My O.H who is very strict on the no bludging rule was a sucker for her charms. She could look so pathetic and mistreated.

Loving these. Such characters we have in our lives.

• Like 2

On 2017-5-28 at 7:46 PM, ♦ Marg ♦ said:

Lacey my Cav does this weird thing, when she is pooping she doesn't stand there she will go in circles pooping ... weirdo dog.

She will also do the spin thing when she knows it's treat time.

That's hilarious! My Min Pin Jacques walks around while he poops too, we have dubbed it 'The Nomad'. While we are speaking of strange pooping rituals...my Min Pin Etienne has to back up onto a plant/bush in order to go! Weirdo.

My Min Pin Remy does what I call a 'froggy stretch'. Sometimes he'll jump onto the bed, or a comfy surface and stretch all the way out while dragging himself forwards with his front paws. When he wants to play fight with me, he suddenly morphs into an ostrich and tucks his head down into the mattress and wiggles his butt at me. I swear he loves to be nibbled on too. He will also crab walk when I put a jacket on...until we actually start our walk and suddenly all is forgiven. 

They all have their quirks <3

• Like 2

Fevah your froggy stretch sounds familiar. Stussy can't dismount from furniture normally. She goes to the ends and stretches over and slides to the floor giving herself a furniture belly rub as she goes. At the end of my bed is a lounge usually covered in clean washing. She does the same thing over that when getting off my bed. Oozes up over the pillows, back of the lounge,  clean washing, front edge of the lounge and then hits the floor, covering everything in fur. Lucky I love her!

• Like 3

Reading these I can't resist sharing;

When Monty is excited he also does that "happy dance" consisting of lifting his front feet up one by one really fast and tap dancing around while wiggling his bum and happy howling. 

Even though walks are probably Scrappi's favourite thing, and he has been wearing harnesses since he was a pup, and I have also taught him to be comfortable with each new harness, he still will run away the second I get it out. I will say the 'W word' and he will get all excited, then I will grab the harness and he will run away from me over to the spot that I taught him "harness" haha :laugh:

And if anyone is ever leaving or being suspicious, Scrappi will get all excited and want to come too. If anyone has an open car door, he will jump in and snuggle himself up in the footwell. Even the drivers side :laugh: Even if it isn't our car, or even our house (we live on a quiet street so sometimes if we go see the neighbours we would bring Scrappi over off leash to have a play with their dog in the front yard. Once their car door was open and after a while we noticed Scrappi was missing, looked all up the street until we found him snuggled up in the driver's side footwell, ready to go :laugh:

And off topic we used to have a lorikeet who learned to whine/howl from baby Scrappi as they used to sleep in the laundry together. :) 

Edited by Scrappi&Monty
  • Like 3

Lol, They are fun aren't they?

Years ago, If we ignored her wanting to instigate a game ( watching t.v, reading ) My old girl would hold a squeaky toy on your ear and press it :laugh:

it mostly worked on every one.

Edited by moosmum
  • Like 7

Malcolm is a fan of our gas heater. When he wants it on he will stand in front of it and stare at you. If you move his mat to the space in front of it but it isn't in the optimum warming position, he will remain standing where he wants it and look at you until you move it. :laugh:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Malcolm is a fan of our gas heater. When he wants it on he will stand in front of it and stare at you. If you move his mat to the space in front of it but it isn't in the optimum warming position, he will remain standing where he wants it and look at you until you move it. :laugh:

Jem (my aunts dog) does the same! With stinky "side eye"

As he's doing it right now it reminded me... 

poor old Kelpie next door is a sweet boy named Banjo. When he was a puppy they used to live next door to a fire station. 

He's around 11yo and he still will howl every time he hears a siren, I think it hurts his ears a bit poor buddy. I couldn't hear the fire engine just then until it got fairly close, and I have great hearing but old banj, who's going a little deaf (supposedly), could hear it a mile away and is 'awrooo-ing' his little heart out. :heart:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

As he's doing it right now it reminded me... 

poor old Kelpie next door is a sweet boy named Banjo. When he was a puppy they used to live next door to a fire station. 

He's around 11yo and he still will howl every time he hears a siren, I think it hurts his ears a bit poor buddy. I couldn't hear the fire engine just then until it got fairly close, and I have great hearing but old banj, who's going a little deaf (supposedly), could hear it a mile away and is 'awrooo-ing' his little heart out. :heart:

We lived in a snall county town fir a long time & our old man used to howl at sirens.

He stopped when dad moved to Sydney  (thank goodness). We assumedit was because there was too many. 

• Like 1

I once had a whole litter of mini schnauzer pups (6) that would howl at sirens. We have a fire station down the street from us so lots of sirens. The eldest pup would start and 5 little heads would lift into the air and howl with him. Very cute. But those pups are now 5 and most still howl when they hear a siren.:laugh:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zena's mum said:

I once had a whole litter of mini schnauzer pups (6) that would howl at sirens. We have a fire station down the street from us so lots of sirens. The eldest pup would start and 5 little heads would lift into the air and howl with him. Very cute. But those pups are now 5 and most still howl when they hear a siren.:laugh:

Hahaha that is hilarious. Might've hurt their little ears, or perhaps it was just a song to sing along to. :laugh:

Haha. Yep. It probably was their ears but maybe the eldest pup thought he'd start a sing song. In my opinion he was a big boy who always showed his feminine side. :rofl:

He got bitten by an ant one day and literally wouldn't move until I sat with him and totally convinced him his foot would still work. :laugh:

• Like 3

Sprocket was the qwirkiest dog I ever owned.  She used to howl at sirens.  She was a big one for carrying stuff in her mouth. What was funny was seeing her howl with a tennis ball in her mouth.  

Another tennis ball trick she made up was dropping the ball, generally well covered with mouth slime, in someone's drink.  G&T and dog slime is not much appreciated.

Sprocket also had stick routines with preference for BIG sticks (or small logs).   She seemed baffled when a big long stick wouldn't go through a door or gate.  A favorite game was to take a long stick by one end, let the other end dig into the ground, and run pivoting around the grounded end.

• Like 2

Benny, who was adored, was a very quirky individual. But his most endearing habit was to give a cuddle by walking up to you on the bed or the sofa.  He would then drop into a play bow position and encourage rubs all over his head and shoulders. When that became too enjoyable, he would simply collapse his backend sideways and crash down on top of you. Fine if you were on the sofa. Less good if he joined you in bed for early morning cuddles when a particularly boney greyhound hip was frequently well positioned to have its fall cushioned by a full morning bladder. 

Paige is a creature of habit and takes herself off to bed at 8.30 every night. Has done for the past five years ever since she came to us. She used to go up to bed, then if I hadn't joined her, would re-emerge at ten minute intervals to huff at me.  It was like being nagged by my mother to go to bed. Thankfully she now takes herself off and is happy with a bit of a cuddle when I come in. 

• Like 3