Our dog just got desexed and hasn't pooped in nearly 3 days.

Caitlin888

It's quite common after surgery to not move their bowels.... Give him plenty of access to fresh water .

I would give it another day or so ... once the the Anaesthetic wears off you might find he will be ok. If you are still worried then contact your vet.

• Like 1

Yes, call the vet :) make sure you describe his behaviour ..is he eating /wanting to play ?Drinking? Does he pee happily out in the yard ? 
is anything different ? Are you taking him to toilet on a lead ? Is he eating anything different ?

Is your dog a 'shy' pooper? I had this issue with my dog last year. I ended up taking her to a place that she regularly poops at (local park), putting her on a long lead and pretty much turning my back on her. 

She also had a nasty shaving rash and putting cream on that also helped the pooping situation. 

After an op you just want your dog to wee, poop and eat and I never relax until they do so I feel your pain

• Like 1

This is not uncommon. Firstly, there is no feeding prior to surgery right? So there is very little in the intestinal tract when the surgery is done. Plus the anaesthetics and pain killers often have a mild constipation effect.It can be up to four or five days before they works their bowels again. 
By all means phone the vet, to put your own mind at ease, 

• Like 2