Move if not in the right place - Frusemide Pimobendan Compound tablets

Flashsmum

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the health section or here, so if I need ro move this, let me know.

I have 100 tablets of Frusemide Pimobendan (Vetmedin) 80mg 5mg compunded.  They were made up in error for me and the vet doesn't want them back.

Is there anyone on here who would like them fo their dog.  It's a pity to just throw them out, so I was hoping someone's pooch is on the same mixture and could use them.

Edited by Flashsmum

I wasn't sure if I sholdl put this in the health section or here, so if I need ro move this, let me know.

I have 100 tablets of Frusemide Pimodendan (Vetmedin) 80mg 5mg compunded.  They were made up in error for me and the vet doesn't want them back.

Is there anyone on here who would like them fo their dog.  It's a pity to just throw them out, so I was hoping someone's pooch is on the same mixture and could use them.

I know that Westie rescue were happy to take the nearly-full-bottle that I had left over, maybe contact your favourite rescue, I know that Puppypaws ( https://www.dolforums.com.au/profile/14416-puppypaws/) uses Vetmedin but she has a Shih Tzu so maybe not the ideal dosage (she does get hers made up by a compounding chemist as well)

These are made up for my great dane, although the 5mg of of Pimobendan is not the right dosage (should  be 10mg) and I would think the Frusemide would then be too much. I would think that the dosage would suit a large breed dog. The vet said it was a really unusual dosage combination so they didn't want them back, and are replacing with the correct ones for me.