Eye scratch treatment

Hi, my dog Pixie has been scratched on her eye by a cat last night.  Took to vet this morning and vet gave me some Chlorsig ointment to use three times a day.  I go back to vet tomorrow morning.  I can't hold my dog long enough to put ointment on eye. The vet had already given her antibiotic innjections as well as a sedative.  Would it be ok to leave until vet tomorrow?  I don't want it becoming an ulcer? Thanks.

I'd be trying to get the cream in. Is there someone who can help you either hold or put in the cream while you hold - I find that can sometimes be the better option as they're used to being held by their owners.

my staffy got an eye ulcer, likely from the cat. That required treatment multiple times a day. You'll need to get stuff in there if it gets worse, so I'd be trying to find a way that works now.

ETA I've had an eye ulcer myself and it really hurts! I loved the anaesthetic drops I could put in every couple of hours. Didn't remember getting them for my dog, but I'd definitely be asking for them now I know about them.

Edited by karen15
  • Like 2

Persevere Marnev, the benefit is worth it.  Is your dog small enough to restrain by wrapping up well in towels maybe?  We have just been through this with an alpaca with an eye infection from a grass-seed - and definitely a two person job to get the ointment in there.  Good luck, let us know how you are going.

• Like 3