Who rescues from Camden Pound -Peke/Tibbie?

Lovely little male dog at Camden Pound.  No sign yet of being claimed by an owner.  The Pound says he's microchipped but no details are coming up on any register. He's listed as a Tibetan Spaniel, but when a very experienced tibbie breeder looked at his pound photo, she says he looks like he could be a Pekingese.   

If he is a Peke, an owner could be phoning the Pound & asking if they have one... and the Pound would say no, having him listed as a Tibbie.

One of those cases of Peke or Tibbie .

I'm also wondering if his chip doesn't come up on any register because he's been imported????  Very outside chance, I know, but just wondering.

Does anyone know who, if anyone, rescues from Camden Pound (phone 0437 637849)?

18953262_1544895482251076_4969935732071044613_o.jpg

I know the Companion Animals Officer at the Council, Michelle, and she's absolutely awesome. She'll be doing everything to get this little guy home and I have no doubt he'll be safe if they can't find an owner. Camden prioritise rehoming from the pound direct if possible but work well with a lot of rescues - I'm sure if there's any breed specific rescues that are able to take him in she'd be happy to chat. That said I doubt they'd have an issue rehoming him direct given he's small, cute and at least looks a lot like a purebred. 

48 minutes ago, melzawelza said:

I know the Companion Animals Officer at the Council, Michelle, and she's absolutely awesome. She'll be doing everything to get this little guy home and I have no doubt he'll be safe if they can't find an owner. Camden prioritise rehoming from the pound direct if possible but work well with a lot of rescues - I'm sure if there's any breed specific rescues that are able to take him in she'd be happy to chat. That said I doubt they'd have an issue rehoming him direct given he's small, cute and at least looks a lot like a purebred. 

Mel, thank you for that reassurance.  Bless Michelle for being there!  

My main concern is the label.  Two experienced tibetan spaniel breeders say he's more likely a short-haired Peke.  So, just in case his owners are searching for him as a Peke.   His facial folds & very foreshortened nose are more in that direction than a Tibbie.    But, on other hand, the owners may have originally got him labelled Tibbie & think he is one.  And always the chance, he's a cross between the 2!   

Edited by mita
  • Like 1

Camden just stopped breed labelling so that post doesn't mention breed (you're right that he's chipped as a Tibbie) so shouldn't be a huge issue I don't think. Michelle is a showie and knows her breeds and they don't have more than a handful of dogs in care at any given time, I'm sure if someone rings looking for a short-haired Peke she'll put two and two together :) 

Thanks, Mel.  You're right, on the Pound website, they do list him as Tibetan Spaniel.  That's good to know Michelle will put 2 and 2 together if someone phones enquiring about the Peke. 

• Like 1