2 Puppies - Set up, Brisbane trainer recommendation & general advice

katherineaw

On 2017-6-28 at 4:37 PM, katherineaw said:

I will put some photos up as soon as I can work out the technology!

In the meantime I thought I'd share that this little poodle is, in fact, a monkey of the houdini variety... he is more than capable of climbing up and over the exercise pen wall.  In fact, the only reason he doesn't have free reign over the house is I have put a lid over his pen that is a little too heavy for his tiny head to lift.  However I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

You have my sympathy!

I have a new puppy here who is also a climbing champion! The puppy pen was conquered the first night she came home LOL and was replaced the next morning by a giant breed size crate (she is a very very small breed so it is playpen like for her!)

She has also demonstrated the ability to climb the upholstery on the dining chairs to get on to the dining table ("Well if the cats hang around up there, why not me too?" she seems to think.)

• Like 2

Well it was only a matter of time. We were up and over the lid on Tuesday and today we are completely over it. I am thinking a giant breed size crate might be good solution as he is tiny. Am going to investigate this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably too late now but its best to take pup in and out via a gate so they don't learn to go over the top.  When you lift them over the side they soon learn that's the way out.

Using a gate I found handy for teaching a nice sit and wait while it opens which carried forward to waiting when the front door opens too :) 

• Like 3