Police looking for owner: severe Dog attack Brighton beach Melbourne

Two Best Dogs!

NOTE. IMAGES IN THE LINK

police looking for owner of a dog that attacked a man and his dog. Reads like the owner did a runner instead of helping, poor form. 

im o mobile so can't paste the story so link:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-13/man-injured-in-brighton-east-dog-attack-owner-flees-scene/8613208

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 1

Didn’t say whether they’d caught the dog.  

Those gashes look horrendous.   If my experience from a single tooth bite in the same hand area is anything to go by, that could give him trouble for years :(  :(  :(  

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
sense :)
  • Like 1

That is nasty! Poor bloke & poor dog. What a low life for someone to not offer assistance and run off like that?!? :mad

Scary that it nearly turned into a fatal injury! 

Although I do disagree with what the man who was attacked said about "a dog that size shouldn't be allowed to be walked on the streets", a better phrasing would be "a dog that dangerous/aggressive shouldn't be allowed on the streets."

Some small dogs can be mighty aggressive and many giant breed dogs are as gentle as anything. But of course all the DOLers would know that :) 

14 hours ago, cannibalgoldfish said:

A lab/rotti cross wouldn't be that much bigger than his own dog anyway...  I wonder if he was mis-quoted?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant dogs of that size shouldn't be off leash but still, size really doesn't have much to do with risk of attack. 

• Like 1

Totally horrific.  Sounds like the person wasn't strong enough to manage the dog either.  If people want to get any large breed or bigger type of dog then they should make sure they get the dog thoroughly trained.  Also sounds like a dog that shouldn't have been off the lead anyhow.  The poor man, you can see the dog meant business so i hope they catch owner and dog and deal with it properly, God forbid it kills someone next time.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

I saw a interview recently that adds more details:

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-news/video-victoria-news/savage-dog-attack-on-brighton-beach-20170613-4v1ij.html

both dogs were on lead.

they had a sniff then the other dog attacked

the woman wasn't able to pull her other dog off

two witnesses came to help

the woman and dog disappeared

Description is:

Mr McIntyre described the female owner of the dog as Asian with dark hair, dark clothing and aged in her early 40s.

Dog is possibly a large black labrador-rottweiler cross

Information to Senior Constable Anthony Reid at Bayside Police Station on 8530 5100

However another description is:

Leading Senior Constable Anthony Reid from the Bayside Police confirm they are looking for an Asian female between 25-30 years old in relation to this incident.

The black dog is described as looking like a bull terrier weighing approximately 35-40kg.

Any information to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.  

Another description:

Her dog is described as black with dark brown patches, with a medium to large build.

The exact quote is (differences bolded): I really think a dog of that size and that brutal really shouldn't be roaming the streets. And had it been a smaller dog or a smaller child I don't think it would still be alive.

Hopefully the woman, if she doesn't come forward, at least either gets some serious training or surrenders the dog.

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 1