Sensitive tummy

Our Murphy (3 yr golden retriever) has always had a sensitive tummy which usually involves loose stool. We have tried him on a variety of things over the years - raw, single protein source etc with minimal success overall.

Has anyone had any experience with this and what has worked?

Thanks ☺

It is difficult to give one answer that covers all situations as there can be many causes.  I have had dogs that have had chronic gut problems, my oldest girl is 15 this year and it has been a long learning curve for me but I have got her this far.  I now know so much more that I did 15 years ago but I don't know everything and I am still learning.

Of course diet is important.  I would have to know more about what you are feeding to be able to offer any further info.

I am not a fan of dry dogfood but I do feed it and it definitely has its place in the grand scheme of things.

I also feed BARF but I know that some dogs can't tolerate it.

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific with what you are feeding now and how it is affecting your dog.

Edited by Stitch

On 6/21/2017 at 7:54 PM, kwirky said:

Our Murphy (3 yr golden retriever) has always had a sensitive tummy which usually involves loose stool. We have tried him on a variety of things over the years - raw, single protein source etc with minimal success overall.

Has anyone had any experience with this and what has worked?

Thanks ☺

Two things to try. (I assume he has seen the vet, you are worming him regularly and there are no health concerns.)

1) Frontier pets food https://frontierpets.com.au/. Absolute magic for my dogs (poos are A+).  It may also work for your dog

2) Charcoal tablets or treats.  

• Like 1

That's frustrating, isn't it ? 

What have been the results of his faecal tests and  blood tests  over the years? 
What vet treatment has he had ?
have you contacted his breeder to see if any others have this problem? 
has he always lived in the same house/yard?

There are so many reasons why this may happen - a lot of 'detective' work needs doing :)

On 2017-6-22 at 9:15 PM, Kajtek said:

Two things to try. (I assume he has seen the vet, you are worming him regularly and there are no health concerns.)

1) Frontier pets food https://frontierpets.com.au/. Absolute magic for my dogs (poos are A+).  It may also work for your dog

2) Charcoal tablets or treats.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I have just placed an ordet for the 3 trial pack flavours ☺

Hello,

We have been to the vet who thinks, based on Murphys health and condition he just has a sensitive tummy. He did a faecal test and this was all good, next step would be further testing which he does not think is necessary at this point