Tuesday funny

karen15

pulling out of the pet store this evening and saw a guy walking a dog on the footpath. Greyhound looking dog. Thought to myself it looked a bit thin. Check traffic and look back at the thin dog.... Um yeah, it was a pushbike LOL

anyone else have unusual dog sightings?

• Like 6

No, but I did see a mixed mob of five goats and one confused-looking, geriatric German Shepherd when I arrived home this evening. My husband had been collecting firewood in the goat paddock. The German Shepherd must have slipped in behind him and got shut in.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob
  • Like 3

Who knows what he thinks but Malcolm, who is also afraid of dogs, gets freaked out by four "legged" inanimate objects all the time e.g. chairs or shopping trolleys that have been tipped over.

He very bravely sniffed a ram statue's butt a while ago, after initially being scared. :heart:

• Like 6

My darling rescue Pug, Cheddar, was never moved at all by the sight of himself in the mirror, his reflection in a shop window etc. He was pretty bombproof.
Until one day I took a few pictures off the wall to dust behind, leaning them against the bookcase.

He took one look at the B&W pencil head study print of a fawn male pug and attacked it, taking extreme offense when the whole A4 sized frame toppled over on top of him!
I broke up the fight and neither pug was injured, although Cheddar, most uncharacteristically, rumbled and grumbled to himself for an hour or so afterwards.:laugh:

I don't mistake inanimate objects for dogs, but it has happened that I have admonished uncooperative shopping trolleys with a firm "Come!" or said "Settle Down!" to a twisted vacuum cleaner hose. It's just automatic. :shrug:

• Like 6

20 hours ago, RuralPug said:

He took one look at the B&W pencil head study print of a fawn male pug and attacked it, taking extreme offense when the whole A4 sized frame toppled over on top of him!

My mother bought two large portrait pictures, one of a lion and the other of a tiger, and propped them against the wall to await hanging. I walked into the room a while later and thought "Ew, what's that smell?"

My mother's cat had taken exception to the portraits, and sprayed them both, right between the eyes. It must have taken some gymnastics to direct both streams of liquid so precisely.

• Like 4