Actual bigger dog jackets in the reject shop!

I got very excited and bought two 80cm ones! A size up to account for the big chests. 

Plan to keep in the car. Not extreme cold suitable but perfect for tail end of winter walks!

thistle got a perfect child and I'm hoping Thyme will grow to fit the killer option 

The large sizes are for actual large dogs!! Not "large" dogs of 30cm long like most stores :/

IMG_1406.PNG

IMG_1407.PNG

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 6

Hahaha I saw the 80cm Fav Child one in the store the other day, it looked so massive compared to all the tiny ones and cracked me up :laugh: 

I struggled finding sizes big enough for Riley (7kg Sheltie) and Quinn (19kg Aussie) in the cheap shops a few weeks ago when the weather turned cool, and 30cm is 5kg Saxon sized!

Ok, so another owner of a dog who wears the 30cm/10-12" numbers** checking in... :laugh:

Kmart has some pretty big ones*, e.g. http://www.kmart.com.au/product/extra-large-banana-pet-t-shirt/1534866

*51cm. Says it will fit Labrador, Golden Retriever, Standard Poodle, English Setter. HOWEVER, I think you'll find that the fit is the 'fashion' cut where the garment is deliberately shorter in length but fits elsewhere.

**'Fashion fit' also being the reason why he's in those back lengths sizes...

Edited by Papillon Kisses

On 06/07/2017 at 2:45 PM, Papillon Kisses said:

Ok, so another owner of a dog who wears the 30cm/10-12" numbers** checking in... :laugh:

Kmart has some pretty big ones*, e.g. http://www.kmart.com.au/product/extra-large-banana-pet-t-shirt/1534866

*51cm. Says it will fit Labrador, Golden Retriever, Standard Poodle, English Setter. HOWEVER, I think you'll find that the fit is the 'fashion' cut where the garment is deliberately shorter in length but fits elsewhere.

**'Fashion fit' also being the reason why he's in those back lengths sizes...

That would be tiny on those dogs! Nova fits either a 55cm or 60cm depending on the make lol. 

• Like 2

Lisa they are "large" coats....the kind of large that doesn't fit large dogs :laugh: 

in the best friends stores is this lovely winter snow jacket I adore, they have an adult bench ESS as the model on the large dog size pic and everything...tried the L on, already too small no way would be good when grown!

For """"large""" small dogs.

I did get the weatherbeeta houndstooth in 75cm off gumtree a few weeks ago, still in its packaging. pleased, that particular pattern has been out of stock a couple of years now.

• Like 3

We got a $10 large or x-large "weather resistant" coat for Monty from Kmart a few months ago. All sold out in most kmarts now unfortunately. 

It fits well though for a 22kg boofy (but slim) mixed breed. 

Cant find many to fit Scrappi, his corgi-like body is too long for most standard sizes. But his chest is too little for the longer backs in the big sizes.

Scored a jumper on special for $10 a few years ago, fits perfectly but he hates it because of the leg holes.

IMG_4280.PNG