Dog Car Harnesses- Recommendations?

Arlizng

Hello, everyone, it's been a while. :) 

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on car harnesses. 

My fluffy butt uses the https://www.kurgo.com/dog-harnesses/enhanced-strength-tru-fit-dog-car-harness/ for long car trips. My issue is she usually stands the entire time! Even if it's a four hour drive. When the car stops at lights,etc, she will sometimes sit and lie down for a few moments, before she stands up again and also needs to stick her nose out the window when possible. She must so tired.:laugh:  Is this a quirk of hers ( she has very interesting quirks in her personality:)) OR the wrong fitting harness? 

Does anyone have recommendations for better harnesses? Before purchasing this one, i looked up car harness on Nrma and the ones they tested were for the speed limit of 35km...so, yea. I'm not convinced. 

Have a wonderful week ahead, everyone. 

We've got the ezydog drive harness

I love it, so easy to put on and off once fitted. Doesn't rub or chafe. A dog that tries hard enough could houdini out of it backwards, but for going forward motions it is very solid. Also has a handle for helping your dog in the car (you can fit the seatbelt through it, unless your dog eats seatbelts like mine did :/)

It is crash tested to australian standards, but idk to what km/speed that is at.

tumblr_oroh5j9sgk1qh8fino1_500.jpg

Also works pretty well as a general harness outside of car

tumblr_orfn40Ggwm1qh8fino1_400.gif

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 3

Thanks for your replies, everyone. 

Papillion Kisses- I have a medium sized dog and she is a finnish lapphund. :) Thanks i've looked into the Sleepypod website and for car harnesses, they have tested it for up to 48kms frontal crash and was tested for the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for safety restraints.  For those of you that want to read further:-

https://www.sleepypod.com.au/category_s/100.htm  

The carriers looks very well made too. :) 

Thistle the dog- I love your picture and the animated vid of your dog ! *heart eyes* 

Ezydog looks good and very similar to what we are currently using. 

I tried to find a picture of her the car....i know i have dozens stashed probably on my phone. But here she is. :) 

17240397_10156109199373916_3762859455531313393_o.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/3/2017 at 6:54 PM, Thistle the dog said:

We've got the ezydog drive harness

I love it, so easy to put on and off once fitted. Doesn't rub or chafe. A dog that tries hard enough could houdini out of it backwards, but for going forward motions it is very solid. Also has a handle for helping your dog in the car (you can fit the seatbelt through it, unless your dog eats seatbelts like mine did :/)

It is crash tested to australian standards, but idk to what km/speed that is at.

tumblr_oroh5j9sgk1qh8fino1_500.jpg

Also works pretty well as a general harness outside of car

tumblr_orfn40Ggwm1qh8fino1_400.gif

Big Ezydog fan here too.  Their stuff is simple and just works.  Thanks for the thread Arlizng.  Now I've moved down the coast and we are doing a lot more car travel at 100 kms/hr I need to upgrade the westies car harnesses.  And the Ezydog looks pretty good.  Just need to check the seat belt attachment works with the back seat buddy.  

• Like 1