Finding a Breeder

Amber Griffin

:) an arm and a leg. It may seem disabling, BUT. 

FROM AN ETHICAL BREEDER, pup's family would have been tested for genetic faults , been vaccd, been handled a lot, come with info on feeding and care, and be supported by the breeder .

All this stuff costs breeders half a leg and an arm. :(

A rescue is another idea ? That way desexing and vacc are done :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, persephone said:

:) an arm and a leg. It may seem disabling, BUT. 

FROM AN ETHICAL BREEDER, pup's family would have been tested for genetic faults , been vaccd, been handled a lot, come with info on feeding and care, and be supported by the breeder .

All this stuff costs breeders half a leg and an arm. :(

A rescue is another idea ? That way desexing and vacc are done :)

I have my heart set on poms and chihuahuas, but my budget would be no more than $1,500, high end breeders sell for around $3000 ... wish me luck 

no idea what they cost, but if they're generally double your budget, then I'd look for a rehome. I rehomed a three year old dog and she's great. Yes you miss the puppy cuteness and there can be behaviours that would be different if you got them as a pup eg cocker has taken two years to play and is still not like dogs I've had from pups. But full grown dogs have their upsides - no dead shoes. If you see a rehome that doesn't fit your timing, I'd still contact them and see if they could hold the dog until you are home. I'd think the prospect of a home vs nothing should be in your favour if you have a genuine reason for the delay.

• Like 2