MY DOG DRUNK COCA COLA

genny420

I had 2 Labrador pups get into a 30 pack of cans of Coke... not only drank the coke, but also a bit of the cans too! They were both fine, but had glittery poo for a day or two as the tiny pieces of can passed through.. *sigh*

We did have x-rays of both pups to make sure no large pieces of can were in there... and the vet advised that they should be fine with the tiny bits that were.

T.

• Like 3

On 17/07/2017 at 2:51 PM, tdierikx said:

I had 2 Labrador pups get into a 30 pack of cans of Coke... not only drank the coke, but also a bit of the cans too! They were both fine, but had glittery poo for a day or two as the tiny pieces of can passed through.. *sigh*

We did have x-rays of both pups to make sure no large pieces of can were in there... and the vet advised that they should be fine with the tiny bits that were.

T.

It's funny what Labs can cope with diet wise, I had one who loved to eat cane toads, at first I panicked but after the 3rd or fourth trip to the vet I realised that the only problem post a meal o' toad was his horrendous breath! Mind you, he may have developed a cast iron gut after he ate a red back at 9 weeks old, damn near died but after that he could eat anything without fear :) I was a soldier at that time, and he managed to get into my kit and eat an entire 24 hour ration pack one day, tinned food, chewing gum, coffee, sugar and toilet paper - the whole lot - he didn't skip a beat, just went and raided my tomato vines yet again.

To the op, it's probably too late now,  just watch your dog for the usual signs of caffeine/sugar (high heart rate, extra crazy nutiness) and any blood in their stool from the acid and take them to the vet if they start showing any dodgy signs.

Shane

• Like 1