Progesterone levels

jackofhearts

• 3 weeks later...

So confused right now. I thought my girl was in season and had her Prog tested. She tested at 1 and then four days later tested again at 1. After this she seemed to have ceased any signs of being in season so I stopped Prog testing her. Fast forward 4 weeks and she has definitely increased in size . She has always run with my stud dog so now I am wondering if she is indeed expecting. I definitely did not see a mating. Hence my question re Prog levels when not in season

• 2 months later...

Not sure of date/year of this post, have not been on here for over a year however I can say that the tests are not always accurate.

Last year had a girl on heat. Older experienced stud dog knew & was going crazy to get to her. Younger inexperienced dog could not get his act together & mate her. He tried but was hopeless so off to the vet for some help or AI. They tested her & said she was not ready according to their progesterone test. I knew she was, so helpful & eager for mr cant do it. When I got home I put them both straight in the back garden & said go piddles. Put the car in garage, took crate in & looked out the kitchen window to see them tied.

She had 4 puppies.